The Ontario Cannabis Store provides safe, responsible access to recreational cannabis for adults 19 and older. We operate the sole legal online store for recreational cannabis in Ontario and is now the provincial wholesaler of cannabis for private retail stores.
Working at the OCS is a unique opportunity to be part of an agile start-up in a ground-breaking new industry. We’re a diverse team passionate about delivering a great customer experience, working together with mutual respect and building value out of our differences. We’re an inclusive organization that understands that delivering great results comes out of ensuring every voice is heard.
About the Role
The OCS is looking for an IT Product Intern to join our IT team. The IT Product Intern will assist the Product Management team to understand the broader needs of the business.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to use your agility, collaborative style and excellent communication skills to run tests, identify defects and verify fixes.
About Your Day
- Work cross functionally to define product requirements, Key Performance Indicators, use cases, specification, and user flows
- Clearly articulate product concepts to other departments (I.e. merchandising)
- Work with business project managers and other product analysts to identify and document trading application issues and improvements
- Work closely with the business to define business requirements, identify improvement opportunities, and translate them into technical requirements
- Contribute to the execution and delivery of product features and testing
- Make recommendations that are based on market research and a solid understanding the clients needs
- Help manage product development through day-to-day decision making to ensure optimal performance of the product
- Develop strong business relationships with internal and external business partners
- Completion of Post-Secondary education in Computer Science or related area of study or equivalent combination of experience and post-secondary education
- 1-2 years’ experience in IT product management and supporting a product/client
- Understanding of ERP systems and integrations with other systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and Power Point
We are committed to providing an accessible, equitable and inclusive candidate and employee experience. We provide reasonable accommodation throughout the recruitment process and in employment. If you require an accommodation please let us know, we will work with you to meet your needs.