The Ontario Cannabis Store provides safe, responsible access to recreational cannabis for adults 19 and older. We operate the sole legal online store for recreational cannabis in Ontario and is now the provincial wholesaler of cannabis for private retail stores.
Working at the OCS is a unique opportunity to be part of an agile start-up in a ground-breaking new industry. We’re a diverse team passionate about delivering a great customer experience, working together with mutual respect and building value out of our differences. We’re an inclusive organization that understands that delivering great results comes out of ensuring every voice is heard.
About the Role
The OCS is looking for a Software Quality Assurance Intern to join our IT team. The software QA Intern will be responsible for collaborating with internal teams to assess quality assurance needs to ensure functionality of software is ready for implementation. This is an exciting opportunity for you to use your agility, collaborative style and excellent communication skills to run tests, identify defects and verify fixes.
About Your Day
- Write, develop and execute test cases to extract software quality assurance needs
- Collaborate with stakeholders on software quality assurance needs and mitigate any issues that are presented
- Verify if solutions have fixed the identified defect and provide feedback to internal stakeholder
- Report defects in internal systems to verify trends and workarounds
- Assist the Quality Assurance Partners in conducting quality activities for various technologies as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or a related field of study, or equivalent level of education and experience
- Strong communication skills and ability to work within a team environment
- Process oriented and has analytical approach on problem solving
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to learn
- Familiarity with Agile or Waterfall workflows would be seen as an asset
We are committed to providing an accessible, equitable and inclusive candidate and employee experience. We provide reasonable accommodation throughout the recruitment process and in employment. If you require an accommodation please let us know, we will work with you to meet your needs.