The Ontario Dental Assistants Association (ODAA) is the certifying body and membership association supporting more than 7,000 Ontario dental assistants as respected healthcare professionals.
Looking for a career you can sink your teeth into? Consider joining us in our newly created Office Administrator role.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the successful candidate will be accountable for coordinating and executing comprehensive administration for the Board, Executive Director and Member Outreach Manager (50%) as well as Communications (50%).
Office Administration incudes liaising with the Board, supporting the ED with the administration of Facilities, Finances, Human Resources and IT/Systems as well as the Member Outreach Manager with a range of Member Services.
Communications includes coordinating events, acting as the Assistant Editor of the Association Journal, conducting research, coordinating social media and contributing to strategic initiatives.
Our ideal candidate offers:
- Knowledge of global best practices related to communications, marketing campaigns and social media.
- Detailed knowledge of general administration and office procedures including Records Management.
- Overview knowledge of Facilities, Finance, HR and IT/Systems.
- College Diploma in Office Administration.
- Equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of formal education.
- Excellent communicator both orally and in writing.
- A skilled writer for a range of internal and external documents. Excellent spelling, grammar and format skills.
- Excellent research skills including memberships surveys.
- Social media skills (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Twitter, Web site, etc.).
- Intermediate level Financial literacy; comfortable working with numbers.
- General HR administration.
- A “systems thinker”.
- Intermediate + computer literacy.
- A customer service orientation; problem solver.
- Team player; collaborator.
- Self directed; takes initiative; adaptable.
- Confident; decisive.
- Highly organized; excellent time management; ability to juggle competing priorities.
- Meticulous attention to detail; follows through.
- Experience in both Administration and Communications.
- Experience in the dental profession, a professional association or the not for profit sector would be an asset.
ODAA prides itself on its commitment to administrative fairness, diversity, inclusion and equitable employment practices.