JUNIOR FINANCIAL CONTROLLER
Reporting to the CEO, this position is responsible for the day to day accounting operations of the Company, to include Accounts receivable/payable, financial reporting, accounting controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform full cycle bookkeeping performing full cycle accounting with a solid understanding of job costing Preparation of budget, financial forecast, cash flow, and report variances
- Review and analyze financial documentation to support business decisions and determine potential areas of improvement
- Provide business case and risk assessment reports
- Timely preparation and review of monthly, quarterly and year-end financial statements and reporting
- Liaising with external or internal auditors Managing the accounting for any intercompany transactions and loans
- Consolidation accounting may be required for operation subsidiaries Administration of accounts receivable and payable including reconciliation
- Work on special projects
- Able to identify problems and implement solutions
- Able to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Accounting and finance experience University Degree or College Diploma in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation is an asset.
- Strong working knowledge of accounting, including general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory, job costing, payroll, and tax systems.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks software
- Strong knowledge of Canadian GAAP and knowledge of MS Office, Advanced skills in Excel, and modelling tools.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Merger and acquisition experience would be an asset