Re:Sound is the Canadian not-for-profit music licensing company mandated to obtain fair compensation for artists and record companies for their performance rights. On behalf of its members, representing thousands of artists and record companies, Re:Sound licenses recorded music for public performance, broadcast and new media.
Re:Sound is looking to recruit an Executive Assistant to support the Legal Affairs Department. The Executive Assistant is responsible for coordinating the overall activities and operations of the Legal Affairs Department, as well as supporting the team in administrative, research, and various other duties.
The individual will:
- Assist with the day to day operations of the department
- Conduct administrative duties for all members of the department
- Conduct research on a wide variety of issues
- Prepare and edit corporate documents, correspondence, memos and other materials
- Assist with enforcement, tariff hearings, corporate and other legal matters handled by the department
- Manage calendars, book meetings and travel arrangements
- Work with internal and external stakeholders as required
- Maintain document management processes and all physical and electronic filing
- Provide coverage for the Executive Assistant to the President
- Post secondary diploma or degree in administration or business related program
- Experience in a general administrative role (can be other internships, co-ops)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and strong attention to detail
- Capable of prioritizing competing tasks and working under short deadlines
- Experience conducting web research
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Bilingualism (French/English) is an asset
- Work experience in a legal-related role is an asset
Re:Sound is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. Re:Sound is committed to providing a workplace that is inclusive and accessible to all. Should you require accommodation during the staffing process, please do not hesitate to let Career Edge know.