About Hamilton ETFs:
Hamilton ETFs is a rapidly growing asset manager that specializes in global financial services, a sector that is three times the size of the Canadian equity markets (by market capitalization). The firm, which is based in Toronto’s financial district, operates multiple exchange traded funds (ETFs) managed by a team of investment professionals with combined experience in the financial services sector over 60 years.
Scope and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate for the role of Business Development Associate will be a mature, independent worker, with strong communication skills, an ability to adapt to a changing work environment and a significant appreciation for confidentiality. This candidate will be exposed to various aspects of operating an asset manager with a specific focus on developing and maintaining relationships with investment professionals in partnership with the Business Development team. The successful candidate will display a strong interest in pursuing a career in the financial services sector, and a high level of enthusiasm for helping grow the firm’s ETF business and contribute to the team culture.
The candidate will regularly interact with senior staff/partners, and the role will involve the following aspects:
- Work in partnership with the Partner, Business Development to help execute on the firm’s sales and marketing strategy
- Assist the firm’s business development team in organizing and preparing for marketing meetings and events
- Update and maintain prospect lists and CRM database
- Assist, as needed, in the preparation and review of ETF-specific marketing materials, research presentations and other marketing-related materials used for client events, investor insights/newsletters and the firm’s website
- Work with senior management on various ad-hoc marketing related tasks, including competitor product research
- Proactively develop product and investment acumen in a high performance work environment
The following experience/skills would be considered assets:
- Strong written language skills
- Strong communication skills and the ability to create positive rapport with colleagues and clients
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of products, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- The desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment and contribute to the firm’s overall growth.
- An understanding of financial markets
- Completion or enrolment in a financial services program is an asset (i.e. CSC, CIM, FCSI, CFA)