Reporting to the Senior Director, Human Resources, this position is responsible for providing support to the HR team in various areas including, but not limited to: recruitment, operations, special projects, and general administration.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support full-cycle recruitment process by working alongside the HR team and hiring managers (i.e. develop job postings, screen resumes, conduct phone screens, participate in interviews, assist with employment offers, facilitate new hire onboarding processes, etc.)
- Participate and assist the HR team with special projects and initiatives (i.e. health & safety, policy formation, Employee Appreciation Week, employee recognition programs)
- Assist with maintenance of HRIS and employee changes: update job titles, job descriptions, training records, performance evaluations, benefit details, employee news, etc.
- Assist with HR administrative duties, such as: drafting letters of employment, drafting of employee communications, and organization of HR files (electronic/hardcopy)
- Respond to general employee inquiries related to HR policies and procedures
- Keep HR information filed, organized and confidential
Education & Relevant Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with a focus in Human Resources Management, or equivalent
- Previous experience in human resources and/or an office environment, an asset
- Experience working with an HRIS, applicant tracking system, and/or online job boards is an asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage priorities
- Ability to work under pressure in an ever changing and dynamic environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and other Office applications