LEP is on a high growth trajectory. LEP offers an exciting combination of challenging opportunities and career diversity in a work environment where safety is a fundamental value. Being an LEP employee means you can apply your knowledge, broaden your skills and make a valuable contribution to an organization that is contributing to Ontario's success
At LEP, our values are our strengths. They are fundamental truths about our organization that don’t change. Safety. Integrity. Excellence. People and Citizenship.
Laurentis Energy Partners is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ontario Power Generation (OPG). Consistent with OPG, our values are our strengths. They are fundamental truths about us that don’t change. Safety. Integrity. Excellence. People and Citizenship.
Laurentis Energy Partners (LEP) is looking for results driven finance and accounting professionals to join our fast paced LEP team in the role of HR & Payroll Clerk.
The HR & Payroll Clerk is responsible for assisting with the recruiting and onboarding of LEP employees, and processing financial, accounting and payroll/time reporting. They will also support with accounts receivable, accounts payable, payments, payroll, financial reports, fixed assets, contract administration and system maintenance. The ability to work under tight timelines and adapt to changing priorities is essential.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in an environment where you will contribute to Laurentis Energy Partners’ continued growth and success.
- Assist with recruiting and onboarding LEP hires. Support the Director, Business Administration Services with all aspects of the Human Resources flow.
- Assist the Director, Business Administration Services in the development and implementation of HR systems, policies and programs.
- Prepare and process payroll and/or time-reporting data and associated forms in accordance with established policies and procedures and collective agreements.
- Process receivables, payables and investment transactions and material receipts, including processing bank drafts, resolving purchase order discrepancies and correcting erroneous payments.
- Maintain and administer databases and cost control systems for ensuring proper operation and maintenance for purposes of tracking financial information such as the Company's fixed assets, inventory consumption, and other accounting and financial data. Provide advice and assistance on matters related to fixed assets.
- Participate in the design, development and testing of new or revised costing and accounting systems.
- Provide support to the Financial Analysts with regard to compiling financial, business and operational plans related to budgets, targets and performance.
- College diploma or certificate in Human Resources or Business Administration
- Payroll or HR designation an asset
- 1-3 years of payroll experience;
- Experience working with SAP an asset;
- CPP and EI knowledge an asset
- Experience as a HR Assistant or HR Generalist an asset
- Experience working in a unionized environment would be considered an asset;
- Proficiency in Word and Excel;
- 40 words per minute keyboarding skills
- Change resilient in an agile work environment;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
The successful candidate will exhibit uncompromising integrity and commitment to upholding corporate values, and the our Code of Business Conduct
Our Promise To You:
- We care about the safety and the well-being of our employees. It is our utmost priority.
- A supportive work environment where you can be your best every day.
- Opportunities to stretch and develop in our diverse lines of business.
- Provide spaces for innovative thinking and solutions, digital strategies such as electronic workflows, automation, and office mobility
- Offer different ways for you to give back to communities where we operate.
- We support employment equity and diversity.
*Please note that only those selected will be reached out to. We thank you for your interest in the role*