LEP is on a high growth trajectory. LEP offers an exciting combination of challenging opportunities and career diversity in a work environment where safety is a fundamental value. Being an LEP employee means you can apply your knowledge, broaden your skills and make a valuable contribution to an organization that is contributing to Ontario's success. Laurentis Energy Partners is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ontario Power Generation (OPG). Consistent with OPG, our values are our strengths. They are fundamental truths about us that don’t change; Safety. Integrity. Excellence. People and Citizenship.
Laurentis Energy Partners (LEP) is looking for a result driven Admin professional to join our fast paced LEP team in the role of Admin Clerk. Our ideal candidate is an efficient, dynamic, and cooperative individual who can perform well while juggling multiple tasks with little to no direct supervision. This is an exciting opportunity to work in an environment where you will contribute to Laurentis Energy Partners’ continued growth and success.
· Plan, organize, schedule and coordinate functions in support of the work programs:
· Maintain an electronic employee scheduling system for working a rotating shift schedule.
· Processes vacation requests according to approved guidelines, budgets and work plans.
· Prepare and maintain crew complement roster for each shift, including Minimum Scheduled Complement and training assignments
· Manage overtime within approved guidelines and budgets.
· Coordinate communication of training needs and training schedules.
· Analyze, identify, and prioritize deficiencies in training schedules, training qualifications tracking, vacation coverage and minimum compliment. Monitor the effectiveness and currency of procedures, standards, practices, etc. Recommend changes and identify non-compliance to same.
· Provide support in the management of the issues that negatively impact the capability and productivity of the unit’s production, such as providing work down curves, overtime, training, vacation planning and outage tracking of hours worked. Interface with work group to identify potential problems. Effectively contribute to the resolution of the issues.
· Facilitate communications within organization, such as related to training and staffing, to enable managers to communicate events and processes effectively with subordinates. Ensure information is passed on in a clear and timely manner.
· Carryout plans for deployment of staff within the organization to ensure capability profiles are being met. Monitor and ensure all staff are meeting the hours of work required including minimum compliment is being maintained, new hires are scheduled for training, continuing training needs are being meet and assignment to work groups and projects. Prepare reports with respect to staffing and training process.
· Determine training needs and priorities of departments, and acquire appropriate training from Learning and Development (L & D). Monitor long-term staffing and training needs and plans. Report deficiencies to Manager and designated contact and initiate corrective actions.
· Maintain a working knowledge of applicable systems and programs.
· Conduct or attend meetings associated with the work function. Represent the Department on specific issues within scope of accountability, as assigned. Promote and lead by good example.
· Perform other duties as required.
· Post secondary diploma or equivalent required
· 0-3 years of admin experience
· Proficiency in Word and Excel
· Knowledge of email systems, including Microsoft Outlook and Gmail
· Working knowledge of or ability to learn to use office equipment, including printers, fax machines, and phone systems
· Experience working in a unionized environment would be considered an asset;
· Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills
· Change resilient in an agile work environment
· Demonstrated ability to work independently
· The successful candidate will exhibit uncompromising integrity and commitment to upholding corporate values, and the our Code of Business Conduct
Our Promise to You:
We care about the safety and the well-being of our employees. It is our utmost priority. A supportive work environment where you can be your best every day. Opportunities to stretch and develop in our diverse lines of business. Provide spaces for innovative thinking and solutions, digital strategies such as electronic workflows, automation, and office mobility Offer different ways for you to give back to communities where we operate. We support employment equity and diversity
Please note that only candidates that are selected to be moved forward in the application process will be contacted.