Location: Napanee Generating Station, Napanee, Ontario
Reporting to the Engineering Manager within the Asset Management department, the successful candidate will be part of a multi-disciplinary team and responsible for the proposal, initiation, execution, and completion of capital projects for the Atura Power Assets. Project performance will be measured on the ability to deliver projects on schedule, within budget and in compliance with Atura Power project management procedures. The successful candidate will be a key contributor to the management of capital project implementation to achieve reliable operation and continuous improvement of all plant equipment located at Atura Power’s power plant facilities.
The Project Manager is an individual contributor who will work closely with other groups and leads from Asset Management, Operations, Finance, Commercial, Supply Chain and other internal/external stakeholders to plan, organize, and execute complex capital projects. The Project Manager will provide strong technical, project management, organizational, and communication skills and will develop the knowledge of the systems, processes and tools required to plan and execute projects and outages.
This role is a contract position located at the Napanee Generating Station with a duration of at least 1 year and up to 2 years. The main focus of this role will be to project manage two significant capital projects currently in process at NGS: the cooling tower plume abatement project and the electric heat tracing project. However, the role may also be responsible to manage other projects and outages, as required.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the planning and execution of capital and expense projects and perform outage management for plant outages;
- Develop or coordinate investment valuations, cost estimates, decision summaries, risk analyses and conceptual plans, and preliminary and detailed design work;
- Coordinate with operations and engineering to develop and execute project scope, budget, execution plan, schedule, resource requirements, permit applications, commissioning plan, pre-start safety review, documentation, drawing modifications, close-out of punch list items, and training where appropriate;
- Create project execution plans to encompass schedules, budgets, resource requirements, permits and regulatory requirements;
- Coordinate or direct the work of external consultants and contractors;
- Provide leadership and influence in the continuous development of project management tools and processes;
- Provide project management services in support of Atura Power’s asset management initiatives;
- Make independent decisions and communicate recommendations to management and other affected parties in a way that fosters consensus and facilitates efficient outcomes;
- There may be a need to travel occasionally (approx. 20%) within Ontario.
- Other related duties as required.
- Demonstrated familiarity with project management principles and practices;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to provide and present timely and relevant feedback/reporting to various stakeholders. Candidate will be asked to submit a technical writing sample;
- Innovative, self-motivated, professional, and able to work without being under direct supervision and contribute in a fast-paced, multi-discipline team environment;
- Proficient in reading and understanding mechanical discipline drawings including P&IDs, piping isometrics, general arrangements, mechanical system drawings;
- Possess a high level of attention to detail;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Good judgment and decision-making abilities;
- Ability to work independently to organize, plan, coordinate, and manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously including providing daily field support;
- Ability to exercise leadership without formal authority and have demonstrated leadership skills for delegation, negotiation, influencing, and consensus building to coordinate work to meet objectives;
- Ability to embrace and lead change.
- Recognized certificate or diploma in Project Management is an asset;
- University degree in Engineering and P. Eng. license with Professional Engineers of Ontario or an equivalent governing body in Canada is an asset;
- Minimum 4 to 6 years of progressive relevant field experience in power generation (i.e. installation, commissioning, operation, and maintenance);
- Previous project management experience;
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of PC-based computer systems and software applications with an emphasis on Maximo, Microsoft Excel, Word, and Project;
- Direct Maximo experience is considered an asset.
This position requires candidates to:
- Have and maintain a valid driver's license;
- Provide a driver's abstract for review;
- Successfully complete a security clearance/criminal record check
*Please note that only those selected to be moved forward with in the application process will be reached out to.