Work location: Oakville
Plan, execute and co-ordinate technical and other procurement assignments to ensure that the company operational needs are met. Monitor market trends, review the adequacy of competitive sources, developing alternates where necessary, prepare RFx documents including the drafting of contracts, review bidders' lists, evaluate proposals, negotiate contracts, ensure jurisdictional requirements are met. Support all aspects of purchasing function.
Minimum Qualifications: University education is preferred however those with College diploma/certificates or equivalent will be considered
- Perform procurement for goods, services and engineered equipment in line with cost, quality and delivery requirements. Establish and maintain commodity contracts for a variety of commodities, equipment supply and technical services.
- Keep apprised of market trends and identify risks related to the supply of critical parts, equipment, materials and services. Assess market conditions and available supply base and recommend corrective action where sources are insufficient. Develop a procurement strategy taking into account the marketplace and the needs of the end-user(s).
- Support the purchasing function and other relevant departments and communicate any supply problems which may impact on business operations.
- Prepare and issue Request for Quotations, Request for Proposals and/or Request for Information (RFx), draft contracts, and purchase order documents. Ensure compliance with provincial broader public sector directive requirements including compliance with Ontario’s trade agreements. Review specifications to ensure purchasing conditions conform to procurement standards, policies, best practices and jurisdictional requirements. Resolve areas of conflict whether in commercial, quality or technical areas.
- Provide negotiating expertise and lead/support negotiations with suppliers. Negotiate cost savings and execute strategic agreements including master service and product agreements.
- Work closely with others to review opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Adhere to any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of self, staff and visitors.
- Administer contracts to ensure contractual obligations are fulfilled and that claims are dispositioned in accordance with the terms of the contract.
- Assess/contribute to vendor(s) performance evaluations. Establish and maintain a supplier Score Card to ensure continuous performance improvement.
- Utilize spend analytics to identify and track cost saving opportunities. Prepare reports and updates when required.
- Carry out administrative tasks, special projects and studies as required.
- Act as an information resource to users, requisitioners and suppliers on the corporation's procurement processes and commercial considerations.
- Perform other duties as required.