About the business:
Private Fixed Income Operations is a department within the Investment Services and Operations Group at SLC Management that is responsible for the administration and reporting of all non-public investments and loans to corporations situated in various locations globally. The investment portfolio of approximately $41 billion includes bonds, debentures, limited partnerships, lease securitization and project financing.
About the role:
The Analyst is part of a team that is responsible for the administration and support of the Private Fixed Income Portfolio. Specifically the team is responsible for the funding, income collection, account reconciliation, cash management, system processing, safekeeping, management and client reporting of the Global Private Fixed Income portfolio.
The successful applicant will work primarily with the Operations ‘Loans’ team and support assets for the Canadian Office, SLIIC and Hong Kong portfolios that are sourced by several Front Office teams such as Private Real Estate Finance, Mid-Market, Project Financing and Corporate Loan’s Team. The individual will analyze and determine appropriate system inputs for accurate asset maintenance and client reporting. They will process and fund transactions in currencies of CAD, USD and International i.e. EUR, AUD and GBP and will deal directly with custodians and external brokers for assets held and settled through a custodian.
The successful applicant will also participate in business system upgrades, projects and other new initiatives as required and actively contribute in process improvement initiatives through the Brighter Way framework.
What will you do?
- Collaborate with Investment Front Office Team to process loan fundings including the set up and settlement of transactions in the business system and the disbursement of funds to external parties.
- Process income payments and participate in drawing funds from client’s bank account.
- Investigate and resolve variances found through daily reconciliations.
- Resolve issues pertaining to cash movement, wire disbursements and swap mismatches.
- Closely monitor and process activity for the managed funds due to the time sensitivity of these portfolios.
- Assist with general operational tasks as required, such as:
- Prepare or assist in daily cash projections
- Prepare cash transfer requests
- Partner closely with team members and various internal areas to execute the deliverables outlined above.
What do you need to succeed in this role?
- Previous experience within an Investment or Finance related role is preferred
- Strong analytical and data management skills
- Excel proficiency - ability to create, manipulate and interpret data/spreadsheets; comfortable working with formulas, vlookups, pivot tables
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and respond appropriately and accurately in pressured situations and challenging deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Interaction with Investment Financial Management, Canadian Banking, Derivatives, Portfolio and Risk Management
- Aptitude for problem solving – able to assess situations through analysis and observation and develop supportable solutions
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Client obsessed, act with speed and have an owner's mindset
- Ability to work well with others with a strong collaborative approach to build and maintain both internal and external relationships
- Commitment to continuous process improvement supported by The Brighter Way
- Certain days during the month/year may not be eligible for vacation days, specifically around month-end, quarter-end and yearend.