The Specialist, Mortgage Operations performs a variety of servicing and administrative activities for mortgages within our North American portfolio to meet the expectations of both internal and external stakeholders and investors.
This role is responsible for mortgage servicing and transaction processing, and works closely with SLC Management mortgage accounting, production and asset management teams, external correspondents, and other members of the Mortgage Operations team.
Main accountabilities include:
- New loan setup and funding;
- Remittance processing;
- In force mortgage administration, including change management, assumption processing, loan review processing, payout administration, tax administration, file and document management, discharge processing, third party remittances and administration, and refinance processing;
- Active participation and contribution to the team’s Brighter Way initiative, which drives continuous improvement on the Mortgage Operations team. Significant contributions include:
- participation in the daily huddle;
- compliance with published procedures;
- identification of improvement opportunities relating to process, procedures, workflow and organization;
- participation in problem solving and continuous improvement activities, including problem solving teams, GEMBA’s, process reviews of process and procedures.
- In completing tasks and working with other stakeholders, responsible for ongoing problem solving and issue management relating to particular mortgages, and expected to make observations and recommendations based on those issues and observations.
- Extremely well organized, able to establish and maintain a routine to deal with a large volume of transactions on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Ability to develop and maintain a process for close follow up on many concurrent time sensitive situations.
- Organization and time management abilities that support multi-tasking.
- Numeracy and accounting:
- Excellent numeracy, able to work closely with accounting, front office, external stakeholders and correspondents, and internal systems staff to reconcile financial transactions, problem solve and effectively implement solutions using mortgage systems.
- General understanding of mortgages, including principal and interest, amortization, registration procedures, tax administration, etc.
- Systems aptitude, with demonstrated ability to use multiple systems to complete work;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Well developed communication skills - both written and verbal;
- A team-player;
- Problem solving skills complimented by good judgment to enable good decision making to deal with issues;
Previous experience in mortgage servicing