The incumbent will spend a majority of their time building and maintaining processes and controls supporting institutional investors across several different products including pooled funds and separate account mandates with investment capabilities in private and public fixed income and derivatives markets. The Senior Analyst will be primarily responsible for the accounting and financial reporting of the loan portfolios for the institutional investors including daily accrual calculations, supporting daily and monthly valuation, producing daily and monthly holdings and producing fund trial balances that are reconciled to the general ledger. This role will be looked upon to provide leadership and consultation as it relates to new product launches. The incumbent will further the development of highly efficient processes while maintaining and enhancing a strong internal control environment.
What will you do?
- Accounting and reporting of loan assets for institutional investors including creating daily movement file that includes accrued interest calculations and producing fund trial balances on daily and monthly basis
- Perform control checks such as income trending, asset roll-forwards, asset reconciliations, as well as detailed valuation and trial balance analysis for the pooled funds to ensure accurate Net Asset Values are sent to Fund Administrator
- Ensure that the accounting and administration processes are designed to be efficient and effective to meet IFRS and USGAAP requirements
- Deliver accurate and timely reports related to the loan portfolio which include audit, client, statutory, regulatory and internal management reports
- Pro-actively identify opportunities and recommend operational efficiency and effectiveness improvements
- Liaise with key partners such as Corporate, Portfolio Management, external service providers and the Investment Management teams
- Ensure an adequate control environment is maintained for the accounting and reporting processes the team supports
What do you need to succeed?
- Professional accounting designation (CPA) or actively pursuing one
- Proficient with financial reporting systems and tools - MS Office products, especially Excel
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and problem solving skills
- Key desire to promote accounting control principles
- Strong communication and organizational skills — ability to apply technical knowledge to business issues
- An ability to partner and influence effectively within the organization and across the service providers
- A passion for learning, innovation and collaboration
- Demonstrated success in achieving goals in a timely manner and in taking action in the midst of ambiguity
- Systems oriented with a proven ability to enhance processes through systems improvements
- Adaptable, pro-active and proven initiative
- Knowledgeable of IFRS and other basis of accounting
- Fund Accounting knowledge, financial services industry knowledge or Investment accounting would be an asset
- Broad understanding of Insurance and Investment Industry would be an asset
- Peak demand for reporting and analysis information at monthly and quarterly intervals results in potential overtime
- 7.5 hour standard work day, however flexibility is required to work 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM and Canadian Statutory holidays
About SLC Management
SLC Management is a global institutional asset manager that provides innovative and diversified solutions to meet our clients’ evolving needs. Our history of organic and strategic growth reflects this commitment with over CA$219 billion in assets under management / US$168 billion in assets under management.
SLC Management offers the best of two worlds to professionals looking for opportunity, challenge and growth. We are breaking ground with innovative solutions for a growing institutional client base of more than 1000 organizations across North America. As a subsidiary of Sun Life, we are aligned with one of the world’s leading financial services companies, and benefit from the stability and strength of that relationship.
Our teams live by a set of core beliefs that put our clients’ needs and goals first. We are looking for talented professionals at all stages of their financial careers: those who are ready to learn and those who are ready to lead.