This individual contributor role will report to the Senior Director of the Marketable Securities Operations team and be responsible for all operational aspects in Aladdin, PAM, and Bloomberg across our multi-site offices. This role will require that the candidate possess strong interpersonal skills and critical thinking to be able to interact successfully with the following groups: Portfolio and Asset Managers, Derivatives Operations, LLC Operations, Cash Management, custodian banks, IT and systems development, and various external vendors. This position also shares responsibility for the integrity and timeliness of financial data and for ensuring the safeguarding of assets through proper controls.
Duties will include the following:
- Maintain and review client investment activity across multiple sites.
- Focus on corporate action monitoring/processing, private equity asset maintenance and new account launches.
- Reconcile and publish invested assets and cash activity with custodian banks by specified deadlines.
- Work on structured and external manager portfolios, process numerous loss adjustments, settle corp. action, match any obvious deriv. items, and identify and issues for submission to derive team for corrections.
- Work with BRS to develop a better approach to for reconciling accounts/portfolios with one (bank account) to many (portfolio) relationships.
- Work with custodian banks to send detailed and complete MT950 messages to reduce follow up emails and phone calls.
- Assist with the onboarding of additional territories onto Aladdin and PAM.
- Assist with the processing of all operational processes including but not limited to cash forecasting, trade processing & settlement, cash and share resolution and reconciliations, vertical cash flows, CDS, collateral and state deposit movements, class actions, various general ledger reconciliations, as well as daily and month-end pricing.
- Provide operational assistance for strategic projects and initiatives, including but not limited to acquisitions, tax deals, accounting and regulatory changes and new investment products.
- Provide accurate and timely responses to ad-hoc requests from various business units throughout the company.
- Interact with internal and external auditors as well as internal controls to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and sox processes.
- Perform operations functions and coverage daily and during US & CAD holidays.
- 5 or more years of relevant experience in the operations area of insurance or financial service industries
- Experience using PAM for securities, OMGEO, Aladdin, Bloomberg, and Oracle a strong plus
- Strong knowledge of securities investments
- Proven relationship management with all members of the user community in a matrix environment
- Proven ability to multitask in a fast-paced changing environment a must.
- Communication Skills – contributes effectively to business discussions, presents technical information effectively to technical and non-technical audiences, and produces full and clear business reports.
- Business acumen and decision-making - Makes sound decisions and takes effective and timely action that fully reflects the business purpose implications and context of the work produced and/or managed. Makes and promotes sound decisions concerning matters with significant strategic or financial implications.
- Leadership Skills and Critical Thinking – Ability to assist with leading a team to meet the demands of a diverse constituent base and partners with other areas to resolve issues in an efficient and effective manner.
- Technical Skills - experience with pivot tables and VLOOKUP, Aladdin/Blackrock, and other propriety systems a plus