About the business:
Mortgage Operations is a department within the Investment Services and Operations area at SLC Management that is responsible for the administration and servicing of mortgages within our North American portfolio to meet the expectations of both internal and external stakeholders and investors.
About the role:
The Specialist, Mortgage Operations, is part of a team that is responsible for the administration and support of the North American mortgage portfolio. Specifically, this entails mortgage administration, including change management, assumption processing, loan review processing, payout administration, tax administration, file and document management, discharge processing, third party remittances and administration, refinance processing, source system set up, funding, income collection, cash management, and reporting. The team works frequently and collaboratively with many different internal teams such as Mortgage Accounting, Production teams, Asset Management teams, Portfolio Management, Banking, US Legal, as well external agents such as external correspondents, banks and custodians.
The successful applicant will work primarily with assigned provinces and correspondents, loan reviews primarily as well as support shared team tasks. This individual will also participate in business system upgrades, projects and other new initiatives as required and actively contribute in process improvement initiatives through the Brighter Way framework.
What will you do?
- New loan setup and funding;
- Remittance processing;
- In force mortgage administration, including change management, assumption processing, loan review processing, payout administration, tax administration, file and document management, discharge processing, third party remittances and administration, and refinance processing;
- Active participation and contribution to the team’s Brighter Way initiative, which drives continuous improvement on the Mortgage Operations team. Significant contributions include:
- participation in the daily huddle;
- compliance with published procedures;
- identification of improvement opportunities relating to process, procedures, workflow and organization;
- participation in problem solving and continuous improvement activities, including problem solving teams, GEMBA’s, process reviews of process and procedures.
- In completing tasks and working with other stakeholders, responsible for ongoing problem solving and issue management relating to particular mortgages, and expected to make observations and recommendations based on those issues and observations.
What do you need to succeed in this role?
- Previous experience in an Investment or Finance administrative role is an asset.
- Bilingual in English and French is an asset.
- Meticulous attention to detail – high degree of accuracy.
- Analytical approach and aptitude for working with numbers.
- Problem solving – able to assess situations through analysis and observation and develop supportable solutions.
- Excel proficiency – ability to create, manipulate, and interpret data/spreadsheets; comfortable working with formulas, vlookups, pivot tables.
- Technology savvy – able learn and incorporate new tools or software for daily operational activities.
- Organizational skills and ability to prioritize in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Frequent interaction with Mortgage Accounting, Production teams, Asset Management teams, Treasury Operations, and Portfolio Management.
- Strong collaborative approach to build and maintain both internal and external relationships – service oriented behavior
- Commitment to continuous process improvement supported by The Brighter Way.
COVID 19 - The health and safety of our employees and candidates is our first priority. SLC operates a hybrid work environment with a mix of in office and virtual work. To protect the health and safety of our people, clients and communities, successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in accordance with SLC Management’s Vaccination Policy to work in one of our offices. SLC Management is committed to providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Individuals who are unable to be fully vaccinated related to protected characteristics under applicable human rights legislation, such as a medical condition, disability, or religious belief may request an accommodation.