Bitback, a Techstars portfolio company (20') and former IDEO CoLab resident (19'), is a cashback rewards platform that aims to put money back into the pockets of young people across Africa and around the globe. Users earn cashback rewards for each and every purchase they make from their favourite retailers through the app. Merchants and service providers are able to reach and retain key consumers through special offers and rewards. Our vision is to create new income streams for young people and fuel their entrepreneurial spirits. Bitback’s platform will be launching in Ghana early in 2021. Bitback is a Canadian company.
At Bitback, we have remote working in our DNA - Bitback was created while the co-founders were travelling in South Africa, built in Southeast Asia, iterated on in San Francisco, tested in Kampala, and incubated in Berlin. We are a member of Pledge 1% where all employees are expected to donate 1% of time to causes they are passionate about.
We also pride ourselves on our 6 core values and we expect all employees to embody these values in their actions and attitudes. This includes:
● Do the right thing
○ We believe in doing the right thing even when it's the more difficult path.
Learned from and inspired by the outstanding team at Left.
● Make your own luck
○ We believe that even the most unexpected outcomes can become possible
when you put yourself out there. Inspired by this talk from Y Combinator.
● Embrace randomness
○ Be on the lookout for convergences. You never know when a chance encounter
could result in a change in direction or a new pathway.
● Make magic
○ We believe in creating magical and memorable experiences for users and
those you love by surprising and delighting them.
● Diversity is strength
○ We believe that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. We respect all
cultures, genders, and backgrounds.
● Have fun!
○ Life is short, so above all things, we want you to enjoy it. That's why we have an
adventure first (remote first) policy.
Learn more about working at Bitback here: https://www.bitbackapp.com/about
As the Customer Happiness Lead or Specialist at Bitback (depending on your experience), you’ll have the opportunity to lead our customer support and happiness efforts in advance of our launch in Ghana. You’ll be responsible for providing outstanding support to our mobile app users and merchants. This will include managing inbound support requests from users and merchants through multiple channels such as chat, whatsapp, facebook messenger, email and by phone. You’ll need to be detail oriented to ensure a smooth support experience for users that always ends fully resolved. You’ll also need to build out our help content, spot areas for improvement, collect user feedback, work with the development team to resolve bugs and be the voice of the user within the wider Bitback team. Reporting to the CEO, you’ll be part of a small but savvy team where resourcefulness and tenacity are required.
We need someone who is proactive, helpful, creative and sees the glass as half full who can ensure that Bitback has the happiest users in the world.
As our Customer Happiness Lead or Specialist, you will:
● Provide world-class omnichannel support to the users of our mobile app as well as
merchants using our merchant portal; responding to a high volume of user inquiries
using Whatsapp, Facebook Messenger, phone, chat, or email
● Become an expert on all things related to Bitback while gaining a thorough
understanding of the entire customer journey:
○ Deeply understand the user’s issue
○ Determine the cause of the problem
○ Identify the best solution to the problem
○ Expedite the resolution
○ Follow up to ensure the resolution is sufficient
● Be responsible for the data integrity of our user interactions, accounts, and
● Identify and solve or escalate problems as they arise to ensure a positive user
● Track and identify issues, bugs, feedback shared by users and be the voice of users to the rest of the company
● Work with engineering team to triage bugs and issues identified by users
● Identify gaps in content and help materials and take the initiative to create these
materials to best support our users
You might be a fit for this role if you have:
● Experience managing customer support for a software company,
preferably a startup, fintech or eCommerce company
● Previous experience supporting customers on a daily basis using a CRM and other
communication channels, providing excellent customer service
● Ability to be comfortable with ambiguity and work autonomously
● Strong phone presence and experience responding to dozens of calls per day from
● Strong attention to detail, including the ability to set and follow processes including
bug reporting, triaging and provide insight on how things could be done more
● Previous experience writing content for help desks and support channels to increase customer self-serve help methods
● A natural tendency to take initiative and be proactive
● Genuine passion for helping people succeed and solving problems
● You are resourceful and able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
● Fluent in English, strong written and verbal communication skills
● Experience working in distributed, asynchronous teams
How to Apply
Do you want to build the next big cashback rewards platform? Do you want to help create a fun new income stream for young people around the world?
If you are interested in this position and think you would be a great fit, please apply through this Career Edge posting.
Bitback invites applications from all qualified candidates. Bitback is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ persons.