Position Title: Manager, Learning and Development
Division: People & Culture
Reports To: Vice President, People & Culture
Location: Toronto, Yonge & Eglinton (hybrid work)
TVO is at a unique intersection of education, journalism, digital technology, broadcast, and philanthropy. As creators of award-winning content, we’ve been inspiring learning that changes lives and enriches communities since 1970. Our vision is to be a globally recognized digital learning organization. What’s in it for you When it comes to learning, we walk the talk: it’s the cornerstone of everything we do, and each one of us invests deeply in our own learning while elevating each other’s knowledge – whether through peer-to-peer learning, workshops or lunch & learns.
You’ll work with folks who are thrilled and driven by the digital learning and media landscapes. Roll up your sleeves and work cross-functionally with great teams where collaboration is the beating heart of all that we do. We’re a tight-knit community and we’re just the right size, meaning that you’ll get to meet and work with people from across our organization, at all levels – the ones who have been here for 10 months, 10 years, and well beyond. Maybe you’ll even get to meet Polkaroo.
Who we are
TVO is poised for its next chapter as we embark on the next phase of strategic planning. We know we are a better organization when we honour our commitments, when we thrive with diverse voices, when we value bold thinking, and embrace change. We understand and celebrate that we are better, together. We are proud and thrilled to be named a Greater Toronto Top Employer of 2022! This is a testament to the incredible work we do, every day, and the impact that we have on the lives of Ontarians. However, you jump in with us, you’ll join a team of good people who are constantly inspired and challenged to do great work.
Join us on our journey as we go from great to greater. TVO is funded primarily by the Province of Ontario, and is a registered charity supported by thousands of sponsors and donors. Find and follow us on: YouTube (@TVO), Twitter (@TVO), Facebook (@TVO), and Instagram (@WeAreTVO).
The opportunity As a key change agent, this role is focused on designing, planning and implementing the organizational development strategy, and facilitating cultural change and a high-performance organization.
This role is responsible for driving the engagement of employees to achieve the successful implementation of TVO’s Strategic direction. It is also responsible for providing insights, data analysis and workshop facilitation for the organization.
How you will make an impact
• Develop organizational strategies and plans aligned with TVO’s values and Strategic Direction focused on employee engagement, leadership development, culture change and developing resilience and adaptability
• Lead the design and implementation of new programs and processes as required such as Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion and other employee development initiatives
• Develop a comprehensive tactical plan to implement the Organizational Development strategy, and collaborate and communicate with leaders and employees to generate commitment and buy-in
• Incorporate feedback from employees and leadership gathered through employee surveys, workshops, interviews and other related Organizational Development interventions, into the tactical plan, in keeping with organization development best practices, as appropriate
• Critically review and recommend modifications to existing People & Culture programs, policies, and processes to ensure alignment with the objectives of the strategy and plan and the TVO Strategic Directions (e.g. performance management, employee orientation, leadership & employee development, succession planning, recognition program, etc.)
• Maintain overview of all organizational development initiatives; track initiatives, work effort, tasks, and budgets to ensure effective implementation
• Develop and evaluate metrics to ensure sustained cultural change
• Manage relationships and contracts with vendors and partners necessary for organizational development and learning programs and initiatives
• Responsible for providing insights, data analysis and workshop facilitation for the organization
• Provide day-to-day leadership to organizational development and learning team
• Serve as back-up main administrator and primary resource for P&C systems What you will bring to TVO
• Relevant university degree, or equivalent experience
•A CHRP/CHRL designation would be considered an asset
• 5-7 years or more of relevant learning and/or organizational development experience • Demonstrated track record of consistently achieving organizational results that positively affect business goals
• Project planning and management skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities
• Experience in supporting HRIS system implementation and user maintenance, backoffice configuration, considered an asset
• Superior presentation, communication, and facilitation skills
• Ability to resolve issues and thing strategically in line with corporate vision
• Seasoned practitioner, able to work with minimal supervision and can manage several demanding tasks, simultaneously
• Team player, change agent, project manager and a dynamic relationship builder
• You live our values: we value bold thinking, we embrace change, we thrive with diverse voices, we honour our commitments, we're better together