The contact center rep role is a Part time opportunity and the hours will range from 15 to 20 hrs per week with each shift being typically between 4-7 hours. Our hours of operation are 8am-midnight, 7 days a week. This role is a remote opportunity.
Who we are:
At Meridian, we’re committed to providing Canadians with exceptional banking, features, services, security, and advice so they can get everything they want from their money, and their lives. We are Ontario’s largest credit union and the second largest in Canada, with over 350,000 Members. Credit unions are not-for-profit, and more focused on community. At Meridian, our Members are owners - that means that any profit we make goes right back into improving our products and services and innovating new ways to enhance our Members' lives. Meridian’s dedication to helping Canadians goes beyond banking. Thriving communities are essential to the individual well-being of our Members and the overall well-being of Canadians. That’s why we invest portions of our profits in financial literacy, local community organizations, environmental initiatives, co-op programs, and more. We also match our employees' donations and empower them to get more involved in volunteering.
Find our story here: About Meridian
Certified Living Wage Employer
About the role:
Meridian is looking for talented individuals who are looking to advance their career in the new and exciting digital banking space. We are looking for hands on individuals who possess a growth mindset, technical savvy, and are looking for not just a job, but a career.
You will become part of a highly engaged and motivated team in a beautiful working environment. We are currently looking for individuals with flexible schedules who can accommodate various morning, afternoon and evening shifts. If this is something that interests you we would love to speak with you!
Beyond this we offer a comprehensive benefit package which includes pension plan and tuition reimbursement.
What you will do:
As a member of the Contact Centre, the primary responsibilities for this position will be to understand services, financial and product needs of our Members while providing the appropriate advice and recommendations to fit these needs. This will include proactively identifying and promoting opportunities for Meridian and our Digital Bank's products and services including the support of our digital and self-serve products. In this role the Contact Centre Representative will be responsible for meeting and exceeding specific individual and team based business goals. While providing the right financial solutions the incumbent will genuinely build and develop relationships with Members which will deepen their overall relationship with Meridian Credit Union and our digital bank. Individuals in this role will be expected to proactively engage in activities such as revenue generating and sales based activities, foster relationships and leverage referrals.
- Proactively identify and promote opportunities with all Members, identifying Member needs and expectations and align products and services based on the identification of those needs driving referrals and provide seamless service experiences
- Provide support to the Contact Centre by proactively responding to Member-initiated contacts, delivering fast, friendly efficient service, assisting with financial transactions such as but not limited to transfers, Cheque ordering, bill payments, DEFTs, ABM limit increase
- Resolve problems at first point of contact where possible and refer more complex Member concerns to appropriate staff
- Provide first point of support and resolve issues relating to technical issues; issues with OLB, etransfers, ABM/POS and within prescribed timelines
What you will bring:
- Strong commitment to service excellence and achievement of results
- Solid knowledge of Meridian & our Digital Banks products, services and procedures or work experience in the Financial Services Industry
- Organized with ability to quickly prioritize and effectively handle critical issues as they occur
- Ability to exercise sound judgement
- Works well independently or in a team environment
- Possesses an understanding of all digital and self-serve initiatives
- Flexible to work all scheduled hours which may include evenings and weekends
- Member Focus - Personally demonstrating that our Members are our highest priority.
- Proactive - Seize the initiative by anticipating needs and identifying opportunities to provide a higher level of service.
- Open Communication - Engaging in honest and transparent dialogue to develop mutual understanding, trust and cultivate deeper relationships.
- Business Savvy - Continuously acquiring the knowledge needed to do one’s job to the fullest, using internal or external resources and applying the knowledge productively.
- Partner Orientation - Initiates opportunities for collaboration and maintains productive relationships to achieve shared goals.
- Integrity - Doing the right thing by always acting with openness, honesty and respect.
Experience the Difference!
Thank you for your interest in Meridian Credit Union. Please note that due to the volume of applications, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.
Meridian is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation, we will partner with you to meet your needs.
Follow us on Twitter at
Connect with us on LinkedIn