The Executive Assistant (EA) provides administrative, logistical, staffing and event support to ensure a high functioning executive office within Access Alliance MHCS. The EA supports the work of the EOD.
In addition, the EA will support the Board of Directors and, when necessary, the Leadership Team, performing in a manner that demonstrates a high level of professionalism and confidentiality at all times. The EA is required to demonstrate a high degree of composure and flexibility when faced with managing multiple conflicting priorities for multiple stakeholders.
Executive and Administrative Support
- Schedule and organize meetings and functions, assist in preparing agendas;
- Take minutes of Management Team meetings, All-Staff meetings, other meetings as assigned and posts to the shared drive;
- Books boardrooms, office equipment, catering service as needed and organizes materials and supplies for meetings and functions;
- Compile, create, modify and generate statistical reports linked to our internal and external reporting requirements;
- Produce from rough notes or instructions a variety of materials including presentations, reports, minutes of meetings, invitations, and correspondence;
- Draft and proofread a range of internal and external correspondence on behalf of the EOD;
- Assist EOD with preparation for events, meetings, media, funder and other stakeholder engagements;
- Acts as a clearinghouse for management team of conference invitations, presentations, abstract submissions, etc.;
- Maintain accurate files electronically and in hardcopy to ensure responsible administrative records and corporate memory;
- Identifies and discusses non-routine and/or contentious items with EOD to discuss action required and relays instructions to appropriate area;
- Receive, review and prioritize incoming mail and email, referring materials to Directors for action as appropriate and following up on outstanding items;
- Receive visitors and phone calls from a variety of internal and external sources, handling routine matters on own initiative and referring others to EOD or appropriate business area;
- Administers confidential information for the agency, including highly sensitive personnel, political and/or labour relations information;
- Manages corporate calendar for the corporate office – updating as required.
- Provide direct administrative support as required;
- Prepare/format a variety of materials, including presentations, reports, and minutes of meetings, invitations, memos, letters, organizational policies and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheets and/or presentation software, as required;
- Maintain accurate filing system in the appropriate network drives;
- Assist with managing the Outlook Calendar for EOD and setting up meetings internally and with external providers/partners;
- Prepare and submit expenses for the EOD (keep track of receipts);
- Act on own initiative during the EODs absence, referring urgent matters to appropriate staff members and communicating items for follow-up.
General including Project Management
- Compliance with all policies and procedures of Access Alliance MHCS;
- Support organizational initiatives as required, such as accreditation (is familiar with framework and standards), strategic initiatives, quality improvement initiatives, etc.;
- Project management as required – eg. Organizing Annual General Meeting, managing our Scholarship processes, supporting all staff meetings, supports organization of other agency special events, strategic planning and reporting processes, etc.
- Manage public relations matters as directed;
- Manage director meetings – schedule, minutes, follow ups as required;
- Owns policy review process – manages & updates tracking, policy reviews, etc.;
- Supports EOD in producing trusteeship issues reports;
- Other duties as required.
This position reports to the Executive Director.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Relevant experience that demonstrates the following core competencies:
Proactive Anticipation of Needs
Communication – Writing, Verbal, Listening o Client Service o Team Player o Judgement/Decisiveness
Stress Resilience/composure - Self Development
Relationship Building – Organization
- A diploma or degree in Administrative Studies, Business Administration, or equivalent education, training and experience;
- A minimum of 5-7 years relevant experience of which at least 3 years have been spent in an Executive Assistant role – reporting to CEO/ED
- Demonstrated understanding of executive administrative processes and procedures
- Excellent communication skills; written, verbal, listening; includes an excellent grasp of English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation; proficient in document development of al types
- Superior proficiency in use of computers and Microsoft office suite of products; demonstrates advanced proficiency by quickly adapting to new technology and easily acquiring new technical skills
- Very organized and able to prioritize tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Ability to maintain composure when faced with managing multiple conflicting priorities for multiple stakeholders;
- Excellent problem solving and analytical abilities; proactive in anticipating needs, potential problems and adept at mitigating risk;
- Exhibits sound judgment and the ability to make reasonable decisions in the absence of direction;
- Self-directed, demonstrated ability to work effectively without constant and direct supervision or guidance;
Other Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated flexibility and time management skills in a high pressure environment and ability to maintain a positive attitude;
- Excellent conflict management skills;
- Experience working with low-income, multi-racial, multi-lingual newcomer communities;
- Demonstrated commitment to working from an integrated anti-oppression, LGBTQ+ positive framework;
- Knowledge of health care sector, CHC in particular;
- Ability to work effectively within a diverse and multi-disciplinary team;
- Available to work evenings and weekends, as necessary.