ABC Technologies Inc. is a world leader in vertically integrated plastic processing, supporting a global organization with locations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. ABC Technologies’ core business as an Automotive Tier 1 supplier is in the Design, Development and Production of plastic automotive systems and components for OEMs worldwide.
As a Benefits Specialist at ABC, you will have the unique opportunity to be exposed to both Canadian and U.S. programs and gain critical knowledge and understanding of the entire Total Rewards function. You will provide valuable contributions to multiple areas of HR including Benefits, Pension and Payroll. The skills you develop will provide the tools needed to accelerate into an exciting career in Total Rewards.
Furthermore, it is also the responsibility of the employee to contribute to a positive work environment where fairness, equity and non-discriminatory practices are the standard. It is your responsibility and the responsibility of all employees to perform your work safely, with consideration and adherence to legislative requirements and our established health and safety policies and procedures.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Support administration of all Canada and U.S. benefit programs including retirement, wellness, short/long term disability, recognition, employee assistance, and insured benefits.
- Process monthly benefits billing for Canada and the U.S.
- Assist in the data management and data maintenance of the Canada and US benefit & retirement plans.
- Produce, audit and provide reporting for all areas of Group Benefits programs.
- Support administration of ABC Technologies new Employee Share Purchase Plan program.
- Support the implementation of various wellness and recognition programs such as the Service Awards program.
- Support Total Rewards team members through annual benefits, pension, and other employee offerings and projects.
- Participate in Total Rewards related project initiatives as required.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Degree in Human Resources, Business, or a related field.
- Minimum 3 years of continued experience in a similar role.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Positive attitude and a desire to make a difference.
- Motivated, a self starter who is proactive and recognizes opportunities for improvement.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to handle multiple priorities.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Analytical skills including the ability to interpret and dissect reports.
In addition to a workplace that emphasizes respect, teamwork and personal and professional growth, ABC Technologies offers a broad range of health, wellness and financial benefits that promote the physical, mental and financial wellbeing of our employees and help them bring their best self to work, including:
Competitive compensation package
2 weeks of paid time
Employee Group Benefits
Employee and Family Assistance Program
RRSP/DPSP Company Match
Tax Free Savings Account
Educational Assistance Program
Vehicle Purchase Discounts
Social events throughout the year
Internal job opportunities