ABC Technologies Inc. is a world leader in vertically integrated plastic processing, supporting a global organization with locations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. ABC Technologies’ core business as an Automotive Tier 1 supplier is in the Design, Development and Production of plastic automotive systems and components for OEMs worldwide.
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, the Payroll Specialist, in working collaboratively with other team members, will ensure the successful execution of day-to-day payroll operations, including salaried and hourly payroll in both Canada and US, are handled accurately and on time.
Furthermore, it is also the responsibility of the employee to contribute to a positive work environment where fairness, equity and non-discriminatory practices are the standard. It is your responsibility and the responsibility of all employees to perform your work safely, with consideration and adherence to legislative requirements and our established health and safety policies and procedures.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Process Canadian and US payroll for hourly and salaried employees with a high degree of accuracy and strict adherence to deadlines.
- Calculate and prepare pay adjustments, overtime, termination pays or other special payments in compliance with company and legislated polices.
- Liaise with internal business units and third-party vendors to ensure payroll processing accurately reflects company specific pay policies, while meeting all legislation.
- Balance the payroll and all deduction source accounts as provided by each payroll.
- Balance year-end salary costs to T4/W2 summary and distribute T4/W2 slips for all employees.
- Consult with all levels of employees providing guidance and assistance on their payroll issues.
- Respond to inquiries from Canada Revenue Agency, Service Canada, etc. regarding payroll and benefits in a timely manner.
- Partner with the Finance department to ensure all journal entries and account reconciliations are completed timely and accurately.
- Maintains accurate and current attendance cards for employees at 2 Norelco/Group Properties.
- Act as a back-up for other team members who perform specialized tasks or activities.
- Other related duties as required.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Minimum of 3 years experience working with payroll and employee benefits.
- Experience with full-cycle payroll (end-to-end), year-end, and audits. Must have working knowledge of US Payroll.
- Working knowledge of UKG (Ultipro), UTA, ADP People@work, Pay@work, EZLabour and ADP Workforce Now.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word is required. Strong Excel experience is a must (VLOOKUP, pivot tables, troubleshooting formulas).
- Experience dealing with confidential and sensitive information. Demonstrated judgement and understanding of the importance and value of data integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to deliver high quality results with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to work on a variety of different tasks and change priorities as needed; ability to work well independently and under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Positive team player attitude with strong customer service orientation is desired.
Automotive manufacturing environment that supports a high volume of manual practices.
Location: ABC Technologies Corporate Head Office – 2 Norelco Drive, North York, Ontario.
Working Hours: 8:00am – 4:30pm (employee must have flexibility to work overtime if issues arise).
Employees are in the office Monday to Wednesday, and Fridays. Thursday is a set as a work from home day.
ABC Technologies Inc. is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment where all employees feel valued, respected, and supported. If you require accommodation during the application or interview process, please advise us as soon as possible so appropriate arrangements can be made.