Overview of Costfit Program:
As we transform Manulife to become the most digital, customer-centric global company, it is crucial that we effectively manage our expenses in order to be more competitive, and to enable and maximize investment in high growth businesses. The CostFit team will drive accountability for development and delivery of multi-year CostFit plans and support functions and segments as they execute their initiatives.
General Overview of Position:
This position will report into the QA leader and will have accountability to consolidate and review tracking tools as well as individual initiatives. This role will track follow-up items emerging from review meetings and maintain ongoing progress of program trackers. The role will ensure coordination of meetings and action logs are reviewed and updated by working collaboratively with numerous key stakeholders.
- Prepare agendas / questions for review meetings with individual CostFit workstream leads from the various segments and functions, by reflecting on prior discussions, having an appreciation for key workstream initiatives, and analyzing data in the CostFit tracker and dashboard.
- Determine follow-up items after review meetings, communicate next steps to relevant stakeholders, and follow-up to ensure issues are closed out.
- Develop strong working relationships with CostFit Leads and their teams, as well as program leadership
- Work with Finance and Tracker leads to ensure the quality of data in the tracker, and that the CostFit dashboard presents an accurate view of the status and risks of the program at any given point in time.
- Provide focused, short-term analytical support to individual workstreams as required.
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail; experience in managing multiple priorities with a track record of effective prioritization and time management.
- Ability to keep track of multiple action items and follow-up on progress
- General business acumen and financial acumen, Strong interpersonal and influence skills and comfort in dealing with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent verbal communication, writing and editing skills
- Excellent knowledge of Windows, MS Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and ability to adapt easily to new tools.
- Familiarity with organization’s operating structure
- Demonstrates professionalism and maintains confidentiality
Note: This role is based in Toronto
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.