Overview of Costfit Program:
As we transform Manulife to become the most digital, customer-centric global company in our industry, it is crucial that we effectively manage our expenses in order to be more competitive, and to enable and maximize investment in high growth businesses. The CostFit team will drive accountability for development and delivery of multi-year CostFit plans and support functions and segments as they execute their initiatives.
General Overview of Position:
This role will report into the Program Lead, supporting the team by managing logistics for the CostFit central team and the broader working group consisting of CostFit leads from each segment and function. This role will be instrumental in ensuring the smooth management of the Cost-Fit program, with particular attention given to the preparation of reference materials (mainly powerpoint presentations) and reports for various meetings within the team and with key stakeholders.
- Manage logistics of CostFit working group, including maintaining evolving list of forward agenda items, and lining-up subject matter experts (SMEs) as guest presenters when required, and soliciting/addressing feedback from participants. Work with Central Team members and SMEs to develop materials for working group meetings.
- Participate in Central Team meetings, with responsibility for preparing minutes and ensuring timely follow up on delivery of key action items.
- Support Program Lead in developing management reporting and presentations for the Program.
- Provide focused, short-term analytical support to individual workstreams, as required.
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail and experience in managing multiple priorities
- Prioritization and time management in a multi-tasking, face-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and influence skills and comfort in dealing with individuals at all levels of the organization. Ability to work collaboratively with members of the CostFit Central Team and subject matter experts from across the organization to create materials for working group meetings
- Excellent verbal communication, writing and editing skills
- General business acumen
- Excellent knowledge of Windows, MS Office products (particularly PowerPoint and Excel, as well as Yammer and Word) and adapts easily to new tools (eg PowerBI, Shibumi)
- Demonstrates professionalism and maintains confidentiality
Note: This role is based in Toronto
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.