Manulife Bank of Canada is looking for a Training and Documentation Specialist, with a background in training and documentation to join our Sales Effectiveness team. Reporting to the Director of Sales Training and Sales Support, the incumbent will be responsible for the analysis, planning, development and delivery of work area training and maintaining procedural documentation. The ideal candidate for this role will also be responsible for supporting e-learning strategies, plans and processes; and for coordinating and implementing online learning projects. The ideal candidate will work with internal and external teams to develop and deliver adult education-based curriculum through online and in-person learning for primarily a commission-based sales audience.
- Update and maintain training documentation in line with field policies and procedures.
- Coordinates learning deliverables in alignment with Manulife Bank project initiatives.
- Develop training and teaching materials including; training strategies, lesson plans, presentation materials and training activities to maximize learning impact.
- Leverage in house learning systems (such as Lessonly and Axonify) to design and develop new training curriculum, including the usage of appropriate tools to evaluate learning, such as multiple-choice quizzes, checklists, case studies, scenarios etc.
- Deliver classroom or online training on process and project training initiatives that impact the Bank Sales Team.
- When required, design e-learning modules that are professional, interactive and creative while applying instructional design principles to ensure they meet the client’s learning objectives.
- Provide feedback to Managers regarding trainees' performance and development and make recommendations for improvement.
- Support the Subject Matter Experts (SME) and management in assessing individual and team learning needs to identify departmental training gaps.
- Identify improvement opportunities for training and processes to enhance customer service and improve quality.
- Works with leader and makes recommendations for improvements to address trainee performance gaps and implements solution to address gaps.
- 5+ years related experience in business environment
- 2+ years in training capacity
- Undergraduate degree required – preferred in Business, Human Resources, Communications.
- Certified Adult Educator is an asset
- Experience in developing, managing and updates course material and maintaining operational integrity
- Experience in developing and delivering online learning experiences with and for a wide variety of audiences including sales people and sales management and others without a technical background.
- Experience in full e-Learning development process
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of web-based-training instructional design
- Demonstrated experience in developing e-learning strategies, plans and processes
- Experience designing and interpreting user manuals
- Strong customer service skills and experience providing assistance and trouble-shooting for all on-line system users and collaborators.
- Experience using Learning Management System.
- Ability to communicate in both official language (English & French), is an asset.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.