The individual is responsible for providing project coordination and administrative support to the Senior Resource Manager and the Project Managers / Program Managers in the Corporate Project Governance’s (CPG) Project Management Office (PMO).
The individual will work directly with the CPG Project Managers, Program Managers and Senior Managers, and interact closely with other CPG personnel and stakeholders, to support delivery of CPG project requirements. They have experience with project management, program management or a Project Management Office. They are knowledgeable in the area of project management processes, best practices, checklists, templates, tools, and standards.
The Coordinator will provide professional and competent administrative, process, analytical and technical project support to the Project Management Office. Duties include organization of regular departmental meetings, daily team and project tasks, research, budget maintenance & reporting, project tracking and monitoring progress on activities such as contracts, issues, risk and action logs, coordinating information flow and reporting, creating and maintaining documentation, maintaining and updating project repositories, liaising with program/project team members, various levels of management and other internal and external contacts.
Major Responsibility Areas:
- Supports Corporate Project Governance in the successful completion of all projects on the Corporate Work Plan.
- Reports to CPG management on the status of project compliance to the OLG Project Process and project management disciplines on key projects, verifies and tracks deliverable due dates and alerts PMs and Senior Managers to potential issues.
- Works with Project Managers to continuously improve the practice of project management in a formal methodology environment.
- Assists Project Managers in completing project management deliverables (e.g. Phase Plans, work breakdown structures, MSP project schedules), scheduling team meetings, creating meeting agendas and minutes, following up on team member task completions, reviewing project resource requirements, updating project repositories.
- This position requires a minimum of a college diploma or equivalent with 1 to 3 years of progressive experience in a project environment.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies, techniques and tools.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Lotus Notes Mail, PowerPoint, Visio and MS Project
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize among multiple managers
- Ability to gather information from multiple sources in multiple formats and compile reports, statistics at detailed and summary levels
- Adaptability and flexibility (including weekends or evenings if deemed necessary); to manage concurrent tasks and project streams within a program
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to take initiative and work both independently and within a team
- Ability to develop and design creative presentations and reports
- Ability to facilitate project team meetings
- Experience with scheduling senior level management meetings and project team meetings
- Experience or ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information with professionalism
- Experience with organization of daily tasks, research, budget maintenance and reporting, tracking and reporting progress on activities such as contract development, Issue Logs, Risk Logs and Action Logs, coordinating information flow, creating and maintaining project and departmental documentation, and maintaining and updating data bases
Address: 4120 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON, M2P 2B8
This role will, at times, require working longer than regular work hours. This role requires the ability to travel, within Ontario, as needed.