Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) is committed to delivering gaming entertainment that maximizes economic benefits for the people of Ontario in an efficient and socially responsible manner. We are able to deliver on this commitment through the strength of our prime asset – our people.
This position is responsible for:
- providing Finance systems business support related to applications (functional and data related errors/issues, administration/maintenance, testing and continuous improvement)
- supporting Finance projects from initiation through to implementation and ongoing support for both new and changing Finance systems and applications
- This role requires the ability to travel, within Ontario, as needed.
- Provide support to Finance systems’ end-users by investigating, analyzing, monitoring, and resolving functional or data related errors or issues
- Administer and maintain Finance systems’ configurations and setup for key business functions
- Proactively identifying and recommending continuous improvement opportunities that enhance Finance processes by leveraging Finance systems’ capabilities
- Support, maintain, and monitor functional end-user Finance systems’ access requirements and profiles
- Support Finance domain information governance, data management, data quality, data analysis, and data retention requirements including maintenance of data related documentation
- Develop and maintain Finance systems’ training documentation, functional documentation, process maps, job aids, and provide end-user training.
- Support the planning, execution, testing, implementation, and change management of Finance systems’ related projects (e.g., Finance ERP, operations etc.) by working with both internal and external stakeholders or partners to complete identified deliverables (e.g., testing, process reviews, data flows, business requirements, etc.)
- Perform various testing of Finance related systems as required (e.g., user acceptance testing (UAT), and post implementation validation testing, etc.)
Work with Finance teams by:
- Researching and documenting current and future state business processes
- Analyzing gaps, risks, and opportunities
- Translating Finance functional business needs into requirements
- Participating in process improvement projects
- Knowledge of finance processes, systems infrastructure and data architecture.
- Proven experience as an Analyst (in systems, business line, and/or Finance functions)
- Proven experience working in initiatives/ projects within a mid/large scale program organization to deliver outcomes within tight time and cost constraints
- Familiarity with data quality measurement, monitoring and reporting tools
- Independent work: Skills to understand assigned work-step and then independently execute towards completion with minimal supervision
- Project discipline: Ability to execute assigned work-steps, forecast roadblocks and escalate issues as appropriate to initiative lead
- Problem solving: Strong problem solving skills and creative thinking to support the development of creative solutions
- Communication: Exceptionally strong written and oral communications skills to explain complex concepts, influence and build consensus
- Networking: Ability to build and utilize internal networks to further initiative work steps
- Completion of an undergraduate program with emphasis on a finance/computer science discipline
- Good interpersonal, investigative, and problem solving skills (i.e. Creative thinking to support the development of creative solutions).
- Proven experience working in initiatives/ projects within a mid/large scale program organization to deliver outcomes within tight time and cost constraints.
- Independent work: Skills to understand assigned work-step and then independently execute towards completion with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of SQL languages to query and validate the product outcomes meet the intended configurations
- Knowledge of Microsoft products, Sharepoint, SSRS reporting, Power BI is a plus
- Proficient with MS Visio and ability to create process maps and design documents