GAME ON – OLG needs you
We’ve said GAME ON, and we mean it – OLG is rapidly transforming its organization to better serve Ontarians by delivering great gaming experiences through our digital, retail lottery, and land-based casino channels. In our fiscal 2019-20 year alone, OLG delivered over $2.3 billion in net profit to the Province of Ontario. OLG is now expanding our horizons even further, with a new strategic direction, to become a world class gaming entertainment leader with a globally admired digital platform.
We are ready to take this game to the next level and need a passionate Senior Cloud Infrastructure Specialist to deliver the day-to-day monitoring and maintenance of cloud operations, including managing all aspects of the Cloud and application environment in order to meet current and future application demand. Configure and implement the application/infrastructure solutions into new or existing Production environments to support the business requirements to meet customer expectations. Collaborate with stakeholders across OLG and our external vendors to ensure the application/infrastructure solution designs drive the desired business results. Responsible for controlling the activities of a dynamic and tightly integrated environment supporting enterprise-wide development and testing activities..
YOUR ROLE IN THE GAME
Reporting to the Sr Manager Cloud Infrastructure, you will be empowered to:
- Execute the day-to-day delivery for cloud/on-premises infrastructure and application operations activities in a 24/7 environment including maintenance (daily checks, minor fixes or changes), upgrades/patches, preventative maintenance, optimization and lifecycle management (including decommissioning) to be able to provide stable and reliable technology solutions
- Deliver the design and development of infrastructure and application enhancements using the Cloud operations pillars methodologies, tools and best practices framework to achieve the quality standards consistently
- Prepare and provide support in implementing, testing and integrating new cloud infrastructure and applications to ensure stability
- Deliver tier 2 cloud and application support and support tier cloud and 3 application support when required and escalates as necessary to ensure that issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Support the management of Technology assets through lifecycle from request to decommissioning to ensure reporting and tracking accuracy
- Support the change and release management process including defining release strategy & activities for change projects, service readiness & acceptance and service transition
- Develop and test the failure response, disaster recovery and business continuity plans to ensure adequate recovery time in order to minimize any disruptions
- Identify, assess, and communicate cloud/on-premises operational risks and supports the development of recommendations outlining how to reduce any risk exposure
- Maintain and update key process and procedures documentation pertaining to cloud operations to ensure that collateral is kept up to date and utilized by new joiners to enable business continuity
- Additional Job details: Required to comply and to interpret regulations and policies and to ensure compliance. Follows an on-call schedule.
WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAY
Work Experience: Minimum of one to three (1-3) years’ experience in progressively advancing roles within Technology or related function. Minimum of one to three (3-5) years’ experience in cloud/on-premises operations/application operations in a fast-paced enterprise environment. Proficient in eight (8) of the above primary knowledge competency areas as listed above. Experience managing and maintaining both on-premise and cloud application environments.
Education: Post-secondary degree, preferably in information systems, business administration and/or project management discipline, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Primary Knowledge Around:
- Technical Troubleshooting
- Cloud Operation and Health Monitoring
- DevOps Experience (Azure DevOps preferred)
- Cloud Resource Management
- Containerization Technology (AKS preferred)
- Infrastructure as Cloud tools (Terraform, Ansible)
- IaaS, PaaS, SaaS
- Scripting tools – Powershell, ADSI
- Technology Systems Management
- Application Delivery Process
- Application Software Implementation
- Application Maintenance
- Software Installation and Support
- Software Distribution
- Web Administration
- Encryption Key Management
- Directory Service Administration
- Mobile Applications
- Computer Network Defense
- Content Management
Secondary Knowledge Around:
- PC/Workstation Software
- Performance Measurement and Tuning
- Data Governance
- System and Technology Integration
- Information Management
- Data Administration
- Data Movement Tools
- Repository Tools
- Document Management
- Cloud Security
Negotiation and Influence: ability to negotiate and influence effectively while being open to perspectives and maintaining strong relationships
Strategic Thinker: strong strategic and critical thinker with ability to delve into unique challenges and find creative solutions
Collaboration & Fun: inclusive and collaborative work style while creating fun and excitement in our work
Integrity and Trust: do what's right and operate with transparency and openness
PERKS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
Part of a Bigger Picture: socially responsible company that gives back all its profits to the province and people of Ontario
Flexible Work Environment: to help balance both work and life
You Matter: family friendly work practices and remote work
Freedom to Innovate: supports new and better ways to be successful
Be your Authentic Self: environment that values diversity as a source of strength
Learning Galore: 24-7 access to robust online learning programs
Public Service Pension Plan: participate in a major defined benefit pension plan sponsored by the Government of Ontario
Variable Pay Program: performance-based incentives to share in our success
Learn about OLG – GAME ON!
OLG’s purpose is to contribute to a better Ontario by delivering great entertainment experiences for our customers. We are a multi-billion-dollar organization with a wide array of business lines including, lottery, land-based casinos, digital lottery and casino, horseracing, and charitable gaming. OLG is amidst a massive transformation focusing on being customer obsessed and bringing our digital business to a whole new level.
The key to our success is our people. Our culture will be grounded in true, positive partnerships that embrace trust, clarity, and openness in all that we do. We are supporting and empowering employees and teams across the organization through greater accountability, leadership development and growth opportunities. OLG is embracing more flexible work options and family friendly work practices including remote work.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are essential elements of our culture, the cornerstone to our values of respect, integrity, stewardship, and excellence. At OLG, our employees have the space to be themselves and use their perspectives and skills to benefit the people and the Province of Ontario.
While we are re-shaping and growing our business, we are unwavering when it comes to living our purpose, and ensuring our business delivers meaningful benefits for the people of Ontario. OLG’s net profits are reinvested back into the province, contributing to the quality of life for Ontarians.
To learn more about OLG go to our website at www.olg.ca
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.