GAME ON – OLG needs you
We’ve said GAME ON, and we mean it – OLG is rapidly transforming its organization to better serve Ontarians by delivering great gaming experiences through our digital, retail lottery, and land-based casino channels. In our fiscal 2019-20 year alone, OLG delivered over $2.3 billion in net profit to the Province of Ontario. OLG is now expanding our horizons even further, with a new strategic direction, to become a world class gaming entertainment leader with a globally admired digital platform.
We are ready to take this game to the next level and need a passionate Senior Digital Infrastructure Specialist to assess, design, develop and plan all technology infrastructure solutions, of moderate complexity, to support the business requirements to meet customer expectations. Collaborate with stakeholders across OLG to ensure that the technology infrastructure solution designs and developments drive the desired business results.
YOUR ROLE IN THE GAME
Reporting to the Director Digital Solution Testing, you will be empowered to:
- Develop the technology infrastructure assessment and design in accordance with business requirements
- l Build a multi-tenant Azure Architecture with virtual resources (VM, storage, network, etc.)
- Conduct the design, configuration, and development of new technology infrastructure solutions
- Plan changes required to existing technology infrastructure systems (e.g. upgrade/new releases, optimization)l
- Provide technical infrastructure solutions and provides infrastructure technology recommendations for technical projects and initiatives
- Utilize strong communication and collaboration skills to build effective working relationships with peer technology and LOB teams
- Develop and deploys proof of concepts, prototypes and evaluates opportunities to leverage agile methodologies and tools
- Develop and maintains Infrastructure as code (IaC) and configuration repositories to ensure code is centrally monitored/managed
- Analyze existing systems to ensure they fulfill adequate performance and capacity requirements and are effectively meeting the needs of the organization.
- Analyze business requirements to identify where they can integrate new hardware, operating systems, or connectivity solutions.
- Support the change and release management process (ITIL) including defining release strategy & associated task planning for change projects, service readiness & acceptance and service transition
- Provide tier three (3) technology infrastructure support, including on call support as required to ensure that issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Identify potential solution risks/issues and escalates/communicates to relevant key stakeholders (business/technology/vendors) to ensure a mitigation strategy is developed
- Prepare documentation and other relevant information to transition new infrastructure solutions to the Operations team
WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAY
Primary Knowledge In: Infrastructure Architecture (network, server, storage). CICD (Azure Devops). Ansible & Terraform. Solution Architecture (SA). Technology Infrastructure Design (Physical). Cloud Computing (Azure, AWS, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS). Server hardware Infrastructure (x86, Cisco UCS, Pseries, HP Integrity). Server Virtualization technologies (VMWare). Server Operating Systems (Windows, Linux, AIX, OpenVMS).Networking and Telecommunications (Cisco, F5). Enterprise Storage and Backup (Dell/EMC Unity, Data Domain, Avamar). Knowledge of Active Directory and protocols. Knowledge of DNS services. Network Security. Information System Security. Agile Processes and Tools. System Development Life Cycle.
Secondary Knowledge In: Creation and analysis of 3rd party Statements of Work (SOW). Solution Architecture (SA). System and Technology Integration. ITIL/COBIT. Enterprise Architecture (TOGAF, SOA). Middleware Software Approaches. Information Management. Document Management. Data Administration & Warehousing. Data Movement & Repository Tools. Content Management. Query and Database Access Tools.
Work Experience: Minimum 3 to 5 years of progressive experience in medium to large Technology environments including experience in Technology Infrastructure or related function. Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in solution infrastructure design, development and/or delivery. Experience designing, integrating, and managing complex infrastructure solutions. Providing Subject Matter Expertise on specific infrastructure technologies.
Education: Post-secondary degree, preferably in information systems, business administration discipline, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Considered an Asset: Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) certification; Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA); Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator.
Critical Skills: Relationship management. Problem Solving. Decision Making. Critical Thinking. Impact & Influence. Team Orientation. Strategic & Tactical Planning.Collaboration & Fun: inclusive and collaborative work style while creating fun and excitement in our work. Integrity and Trust: do what's right and operate with transparency and openness. Internal Cross Functional Relationships: Digital labs. Digital development. Digital Architecture. Other Solution Delivery teams. Business Analyst team. Operations teams. Project Managers/Scrum Masters. Enterprise Architecture. External Cross Functional Relationships: Solution Delivery 3rd party or contracted services engaged in the development and/or implementation of key solutions. Other External Technology Vendors.
PERKS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
Part of a Bigger Picture: socially responsible company that gives back all its profits to the province and people of Ontario
Flexible Work Environment: to help balance both work and life
You Matter: family friendly work practices and remote work
Freedom to Innovate: supports new and better ways to be successful
Be your Authentic Self: environment that values diversity as a source of strength
Learning Galore: 24-7 access to robust online learning programs
Public Service Pension Plan: participate in a major defined benefit pension plan sponsored by the Government of Ontario
Variable Pay Program: performance-based incentives to share in our success
Learn about OLG – GAME ON!
OLG’s purpose is to contribute to a better Ontario by delivering great entertainment experiences for our customers. We are a multi-billion-dollar organization with a wide array of business lines including, lottery, land-based casinos, digital lottery and casino, horseracing, and charitable gaming. OLG is amidst a massive transformation focusing on being customer obsessed and bringing our digital business to a whole new level.
The key to our success is our people. Our culture will be grounded in true, positive partnerships that embrace trust, clarity, and openness in all that we do. We are supporting and empowering employees and teams across the organization through greater accountability, leadership development and growth opportunities. OLG is embracing more flexible work options and family friendly work practices including remote work.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are essential elements of our culture, the cornerstone to our values of respect, integrity, stewardship, and excellence. At OLG, our employees have the space to be themselves and use their perspectives and skills to benefit the people and the Province of Ontario.
While we are re-shaping and growing our business, we are unwavering when it comes to living our purpose, and ensuring our business delivers meaningful benefits for the people of Ontario. OLG’s net profits are reinvested back into the province, contributing to the quality of life for Ontarians.
To learn more about OLG go to our website at www.olg.ca
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.