GAME ON – OLG needs you
We’ve said GAME ON, and we mean it! Massive change is afoot in the gaming industry and beyond. Are you interested in being empowered to seize opportunities for growth; to be a part of a bold transformation to take customer success to a new level? OLG is striving to be a gaming market leader and first choice for entertainment. We are ready to take this game to the next level and need a passionate Quality Control Specialist to perform testing activities to verify that software and infrastructure components conform to defined requirements, system designs, and quality standards. Identify appropriate tests, write and execute test scripts, design and develop automated test methods and tools, analyze and document test results, and
recommend solutions for any identified problems. Also create, configure, maintain, and manage hardware/software project environments for development, technical testing, acceptance testing, and preproduction installs to ensure consistency.
YOUR ROLE IN THE GAME
Reporting to the Sr Manager Quality Control, you will be empowered to:
- Design, prepare and executes all testing activities/phases to verify that software and
- infrastructure components conform to defined requirements system designs, and quality standards/processes to improve overall implementation.
- Lead the execution of the Master Test Plan ensuring coordination of all efforts of internal testing teams, vendor test teams and relevant business stakeholders
- Analyze and verify testing requirements including test plans developed by service providers for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility and conformity to standards and provides recommendations for changes or approval to ensure quality testing
- Develop and deliver test strategies, test plans, test phases, test automation and test scripts for all OLG projects and work packages, as applicable, to ensure effective implementation of all changes to the production environment
- Collaborate with business testing teams to ensure alignment of User Acceptance Test (UAT) plans and avoid unnecessary overlap of testing efforts
- Build out the test automation required to support CI/CD
- Identify and define appropriate tests, write and execute test scripts, analyze and document interim and final test results including ensuring the testing environment and test data is ready and correct for the planned tests, and recommend solutions for any identified problems
- Performs compatibility tests with vendor-provided programs: monitor post-implementation program performance to prevent recurrence of program operating problems and improve overall operational efficiency
- Support the various solution configuration/development activities including the
- development/configuration of new solutions, changes to existing systems, prototyping/proof of concept development, Unit testing and technical fixes during subsequent testing, development & configuration of integrations to ensure alignment to quality control standards
- Implement and monitor quality metrics, measurement and quality improvement initiatives in order to achieve or exceed baseline performance targets, including reviewing and monitoring deliverables of Managed Testing Services vendors ensuring that testing deliverables and software quality provided adhere to contractual obligations and quality metrics
- Provide technical operational expertise for review and utilization of test plan; implements additions and changes as planned to meet project timelines
- Execute and monitor load tests to verify that the application meets designated performance requirements
- Work with Development and Architecture teams on identification and troubleshooting of performance related issues
- Document defects related to the application and system performance in applicable tracking tools
WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAY
Work experience: Minimum of five (5) years’ progressive experience in medium to large Technology environments. Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in Quality Control. Providing Subject Matter Expertise and/or guidance to the team. Experience working with Performance Monitoring Tools: Dynatrace, AppDynamics or similar in order to capture & analyze information to identify performance issues.
Education: Post-secondary degree, preferably in an information systems and/or business administration discipline, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Primary Knowledge in: Application Testing. Infrastructure Testing. System Testing. System Testing Tools. Testing Automation. Software Quality Assurance. Infrastructure Quality Assurance. Software Process Improvement (SPI). Testing Strategies & Planning. User Acceptance Testing (UAT). Test Management Software. Test Status Reporting. System Development Life Cycle. Operating Systems and associated
runtime environment (eg, Mobile, Servers, Web applications). Database Management Systems. Data Communication and Telecommunications. Web Presentation and Application Servers. SOAP / ALM. Industry standard performance testing & automation tools and UI, API & mobile automation tools such as LoadRunner, JMeter, Visual Studio, Gatling, Selenium, Postman, Rest Assured, Appium.
Skills: Problem Solving. Decision Making. Continuous Learning. Team Orientation. Planning: Tactical and Strategic. Able to provide clear & concise performance test reports using graphical & statistical data of application & server performance metrics.
Negotiation and Influence: ability to negotiate and influence effectively while being open to perspectives and maintaining strong relationships.
Strategic Thinker: strong strategic and critical thinker with ability to delve into unique challenges and find creative solutions.
Collaboration & fun: inclusive and collaborative work style while creating fun and excitement in our work.
Integrity and trust: do what's right and operate with transparency and openness.
Cross-functional Relationships: Works in close partnership with the lab team and product owners to gather and understand business requirements. Works in close partnership with the User Acceptance Testing
Team to share test cases and test results and avoid unnecessary testing effort. Interacts with Technology and Operations partners to share and align on best practices and emerging trends on Dev/Ops and Agile methodology.
PERKS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
Part of a Bigger Picture: socially responsible company that gives back all its profits to the province and people of Ontario
Flexible Work Environment: to help balance both work and life
You Matter: family friendly work practices and remote work
Freedom to Innovate: supports new and better ways to be successful
Be your Authentic Self: environment that values diversity as a source of strength
Learning Galore: 24-7 access to robust online learning programs
Public Service Pension Plan: participate in a major defined benefit pension plan sponsored by the Government of Ontario
Variable Pay Program: performance-based incentives to share in our success
Learn about OLG – GAME ON!
OLG’s purpose is to contribute to a better Ontario by delivering great entertainment experiences for our customers. We are a multi-billion-dollar organization with a wide array of business lines including, lottery, land-based casinos, digital lottery and casino, horseracing, and charitable gaming. OLG is amidst a massive transformation focusing on being customer obsessed and bringing our digital business to a whole new level.
The key to our success is our people. Our culture will be grounded in true, positive partnerships that embrace trust, clarity, and openness in all that we do. We are supporting and empowering employees and teams across the organization through greater accountability, leadership development and growth opportunities. OLG is embracing more flexible work options and family friendly work practices including remote work.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are essential elements of our culture, the cornerstone to our values of respect, integrity, stewardship, and excellence. At OLG, our employees have the space to be themselves and use their perspectives and skills to benefit the people and the Province of Ontario.
While we are re-shaping and growing our business, we are unwavering when it comes to living our purpose, and ensuring our business delivers meaningful benefits for the people of Ontario. OLG’s net profits are reinvested back into the province, contributing to the quality of life for Ontarians.
To learn more about OLG go to our website at www.olg.ca
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.