GAME ON – OLG needs you
We’ve said GAME ON, and we mean it – OLG is rapidly transforming its organization to better serve Ontarians by delivering great gaming experiences through our digital, retail lottery, and land-based casino channels.
We are ready to take this game to the next level and need a passionate Project Specialist to work in close collaboration with project managers, project sponsors, key stakeholders, vendors and project teams to ensure that projects are delivered on time, within budget, and are in accordance with all scope requirements and quality standards to drive successful business outcomes.
YOUR ROLE IN THE GAME
Reporting to the Director Project Management Office, you will be supporting project work to:
- Build partnerships and work collaboratively with Clients to ensure the project delivers the benefits that the Client is expecting within the budget and timelines that are mutually agreed to.
- Define project scope, plan, key deliverables, risks, budget, communications, resources, the objectives and value proposition of the project; attain alignment with senior stakeholders and project resources to ensure the successful delivery of the project.
- Deploy the appropriate project management methodology and strategies for the successful delivery of projects and the inherent strategic benefits.
- Manage all aspects of the project’s lifecycle, from planning to closeout.
- Lead and facilitate project meetings, and ensure project/program artifacts are developed and maintained throughout the project lifecycle; including but not limited to: charters, implementation plans, resource models, requirements, change requests, issue and action logs, communications, change management plans and Technology SDLC artifacts (if applicable)
- Manage project resources, functional managers, internal stakeholders, vendors and service providers (if applicable) to ensure that action items are implemented, obligations are met, quality reviews are completed, and areas of improvement are identified and implemented during the execution of projects.
- In collaboration with the Client, track project budgets, analyze and report cost variances with recommendations for corrective actions, as required.
- Proactively identify and track project risk and develop mitigation plans to manage risk; minimize exposure of the organization to risks and non-compliance to policies and regulations.
- Identify root causes of issues that cause deviation from project plans during execution and initiate necessary corrective action; easily identify areas for internal improvement and develop implementation plans to improve.
- Supervise project launch and close-out activities and ensure transition, knowledge transfer, training, benefits measurement and change management support for stakeholders
- Build partnerships and work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to manage dependencies and constraints, and overcome obstacles using innovative solutions
WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAY
Work Experience: Experience in delivery of projects with involvement in all phases from inception to closure | Experience in the technology, entertainment and consulting industry is an asset.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in any discipline. | Certified Project Management Professional (PMP®) or PRINCE2 or equivalent. | Agile and/or Scrum certification will be an asset.
Critical Skills: Relationship management skills with an ability to earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders | Expertise in mobilizing and motivating teams, setting direction and approach, resolving conflict and handling ambiguity | Excellent problem-solving, change management and risk management skills | Strong Vendor management skills | Strong business acumen backed by sound technical skills related to project management | Knowledge and expertise in the use of program/project management methodologies and tools | Strong communication and interpersonal skills to manage stakeholders and convey vision, ideas, goals, progress and issues in verbal, visual and written formats | Proficient in Microsoft Project, Excel, Powerpoint | Possess strong understanding of Agile and experience with Scrum framework and Agile toolkit
PERKS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
Part of a Bigger Picture: socially responsible company that gives back all its profits to the province and people of Ontario
Flexible Work Environment: to help balance both work and life
You Matter: family friendly work practices and remote work
Freedom to Innovate: supports new and better ways to be successful
Be your Authentic Self: environment that values diversity as a source of strength
Learn about OLG – GAME ON!
OLG’s purpose is to contribute to a better Ontario by delivering great entertainment experiences for our customers. We are a multi-billion-dollar organization with a wide array of business lines including, lottery, land-based casinos, digital lottery and casino, horseracing, and charitable gaming. OLG is amidst a massive transformation focusing on being customer obsessed and bringing our digital business to a whole new level.
The key to our success is our people. Our culture will be grounded in true, positive partnerships that embrace trust, clarity, and openness in all that we do. We are supporting and empowering employees and teams across the organization through greater accountability, leadership development and growth opportunities. OLG is embracing more flexible work options and family friendly work practices including remote work.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are essential elements of our culture, the cornerstone to our values of respect, integrity, stewardship, and excellence. At OLG, our employees have the space to be themselves and use their perspectives and skills to benefit the people and the Province of Ontario.
While we are re-shaping and growing our business, we are unwavering when it comes to living our purpose, and ensuring our business delivers meaningful benefits for the people of Ontario. OLG’s net profits are reinvested back into the province, contributing to the quality of life for Ontarians.
To learn more about OLG go to our website at www.olg.ca
OLG is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please contact Human Resources if you require accommodation at any time throughout the hire process.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.