Who We Are
Teranet is an international leader and pioneer in electronic land registration systems and commerce. As the exclusive provider of Ontario’s online property search and registration, we developed, own and operate the Ontario Electronic Land Registration System – one of the most advanced, secure and sophisticated land registration systems in the world. In Manitoba, Teranet owns and operates The Property Registry, providing certification of titles to land, maintains land records and offers reliable information of financial interests in personal property to the public. Teranet also offers a complementary suite of innovative solutions for a number of key industries, including real estate, financial services, law, and government and utilities.
To learn more about who we are visit our website: www.teranet.ca
We are a Canadian company and a global Innovator in electronic services and solutions. We operate one of the most advanced and secure registration systems in the world. We are the market leader in registry, with best-in-class solutions for real estate, financial services, law, and government. We have a fun and collaborative culture, and are one of Canada’s top companies for employee engagement. We are a talent-driven organization and invest in our people and their career growth. We improve the lives and businesses of our clients.
About the Role
Teranet is currently looking for Configuration Developers. You will work in agile project teams to deliver quality product installations for our projects. Perform as a developer within the SDLC by configuring the product for clients primarily using XML and Groovy. You will interact with a wide variety of people and roles including clients, business analysts, developers, testers and project managers to configure and maintain registry applications as outlined in technical design and functional specification documents.
What will you be doing
- Configure applications from the Catalyst product suite using languages, scripts and tools specified by Teranet and as outlined in Teranet development standards/guidelines.
- Design and develop customizations and interfaces to enhance Catalyst registers beyond standard configuration capabilities
- Offer and or promote alternative technical solutions to business problems.
- Ensure an understanding of the business needs via business requirements, functional specifications and discussions with Business Analysts.
- Provide accurate estimates for configuration work to the team.
- Produce supporting documentation necessary to ensure delivery or operation of the software.
- Generate unit, integration, performance and load tests to test functional and non-functional aspects of the application
- Ensure that functional software executes in accordance with internal quality levels.
- Suggest improvements and enhance the various test frameworks used at Teranet
- Provide general support and specific incident analysis and resolution as required.
- Provide input into production support issues as requested by the Production Support team.
- Engage in the full SDLC process and suggest alternative methods and methodologies and promote positive change at every opportunity.
- Complete administrative tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
- Comply with safe working practices in accordance with Health and Safety Policy and Procedures.
- Observe and comply with policies, procedures and quality management systems.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline
- You have a minimum 1-3 years of experience as a Developer
- You have experience with SQL, Java, Scripting language
- You have knowledge or experience working in a CD/CI environment
- You have experience seeing a project through from beginning to end
What We Offer
- A company with stability and strong government partnerships
- An Opportunity to be part of an organization that is in growth mode through numerous acquisitions
- An Opportunity to contribute to our teams and grow the Teranet brand
- An environment where you will be challenged and supported on a daily basis
What’s It Like At Teranet
We operate through our core values:
We have received numerous awards for our technologies and our successful partnership with the Government of Ontario.
We have been recognized as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for 4 consecutive years.
We have a rich history, and we are pleased to make you a part of our exciting future
At Teranet, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Come As You Are. We Like You that Way!