Job Title: Lease Administration Assistant
Reports To: Director, Lease Administration
Location: Markham, ON
The Lease Administration department is responsible for all payments to landlords of rent, CAM and property taxes required under the leases. The Assistant, Lease Administration provides support to the team with a variety of responsibilities including CoStar system maintenance; receiving, organizing & circulating lease documentation; preparing sales and ad hoc reports, and preparing & sending correspondence.
1. Lease Abstraction
• Abstract clauses from leases and lease amendments into CoStar.
2. Rent Vendor Maintenance
• Create and maintain lease contacts and rent vendor information.
• Process new requests for rent payees/landlords/property managers
• Process requests for changes to existing rent payees/landlords/property managers.
• Obtain Director approval on all vendor requests to AP, update CoStar after the requests have been processed in NAV and communicate monthly changes to existing and new rent vendor codes to the Lease Analysts.
• Summarize the monthly EFT changes and submit to Director
3. Monthly Rent Roll
• Validate base rent escalations and vendor code changes in the monthly rent roll variance report.
• Receive and post all monthly rent cheques
• Prepare and send monthly e-mail remittance notices to landlords paid via EFT (electronic funds transfer)
4. Sales and Ad Hoc Reports
• Upload monthly sales data to CoStar, generate sales reports and transmit to Landlords in accordance with the
reporting frequencies in the leases.
• Update the PV Store Intranet List weekly
• Create/Run Ad Hoc reports as requested by Director
5. Lease Document Management
• Receive all incoming lease documents (including lease agreements, lease amendments, renewal option letters, estoppel certificates, etc.), enter into the Legal Document Tracker, forward to the appropriate Lease Analyst and upload to CoStar
• Receive all incoming mail correspondence, such as Notices & Direction, Rental Notices, etc., and distribute to the Lease Admin team, and upload to CoStar
• Send all CAM & TAX reconciliations prepared by the Lease Analysts for franchised stores to Franchise Billing. File electronically in the shared drive and update CoStar.
• Order office supplies
• Other miscellaneous tasks and one-off projects
• Act as a backup support to the Lease Administrator
Education & Experience:
• Post-secondary degree
• 2 - 3 years' experience in a lease administration environment
• Ability to read and interpret leases
• Excellent organizational skill & time management skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
• Ability to interface with various internal and external contacts
• Ability to work independently
• Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office, primarily in Outlook, Excel, Word and Adobe Pro
• Experience with Leasing Software