City of Mississauga
Parks and Forestry Division
requires a Infrastructure Management Asset Coordinator Intern
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Team Leader, Capital Planning, will provide administrative and technical
support as a key member of Community Services Capital Planning Team within the Park Development
- • Monitors and maintains park facility inventory, history and data structure in Infor Public Sector 8
- for Community Services, Parks & Forestry Division.
- • Maintains Parks mapping.
- • Analyze data collection maps with engineering drawings.
- • Park Asset inventory input including playground equipment, pedestrian bridges, sport fields,
- courts, multi-use ramp facilities, trails and park furniture.
- • Participate in PSAB (Public Sector Accounting Board) reporting. Parks Capital Project data input
- and elemental assets coordinated with HAT-P Hansen Activity Timesheet- Parks.
- • Process mapping and identification of business process changes required to go forward.
- • Assist with LEAN program in identifying gaps in system functionality to Park and Forestry
- business processes.
- • Oversees divisional requirements for new and existing data input into Infor Public Sector 8.
- • Works with Infor Public Sector Enterprise to define reporting processes and best practices,
- security needs, roles, filtering of current and new data.
- • Develops Crystal reports for Parks & Forestry Division and for PSAB requirements as well as
- reports to ensure data integrity.
- • Develops, analyzes and reports on Park User Count program including assessing locations,
- installation of user counters, calibration and data collection.
- • Develops concepts associated with the Divisional IT Strategy and assist with the implementation
- of initiatives.
- • Assists with the technical development of the process for asset collection and conditional audits
- to establish the benchmark for park asset inventorying and reconciliations to park mapping.
- Enter data to core system databases, ensuring accuracy and quality of data and logical
- organization of information.
- • Coordinates the asset renewal program to inform the Capital Budget process. Provides testing to
- ensure data and reporting quality.
- • Provides benchmarking in asset management processes in other Departments and
- • Assists with the development of forecasting and cost estimates for the divisional capital budget.
- • Provides technical and setup expertise.
- • Assists in training staff on processes and development of “how to” manuals.
- • Monitors and maintains data and spot check for use/updates - data quality assurance/control.
- • Works closely with Team Leader, Capital Planning and with staff throughout division.
- • Works cross departmentally to ensure coordination with other department processes and
- • Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Post-secondary education including asset management or suitable equivalent.
- Exposure to client/server technology and relational database concepts.
- Knowledge of ad-hoc query tools and Microstation.
- Knowledge of Infor Public Sector 8 and web browsers.
- Must have advanced skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Understanding of Parks and operating procedures is an asset.
- Strong commitment to client service, quality standards are essential.
- Ability to work with detailed material and maintain accuracy is a must.
- Solid interpersonal skills, writing and presentation skills are also required.
- Valid driver’s license with access to a vehicle is required.
- May be required to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
Work Location: 201 City Centre Drive, Mississauga, Ontario
Department/Division/Section: CMS/Community Services Dept , CMS/Parks and Forestry Division , Park
A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, their own expense, to verify the
absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with
Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide
accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with
disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please
inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any
materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.