CIty of Mississauga
CITY MANAGERS DEPARTMENT
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENTOFFICE (EDO)
As the Graphic Designer you bring a combination of strategic, technical and design skills to potentially complex and innovative projects. You are the bridge between design and technology helping the whole team work towards a holistic vision.
As the Graphic Designer you will provide hands-on support for digital publishing across various channels, and play a key role in content design and development for the Economic Development Office.
- Post-secondary education in Graphic Design, Digital Communications, Digital Marketing or related discipline with a focus on Web or e-business is required
- Minimum 1 to 3 years’ experience in Graphic Design or Digital Marketing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required
- Must have an ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative environment as well as independently
- Proficiency in HTML, CSS is a requirement
- Previous experience with PowerPoint is required; experience with Adobe suite software is required.
- Familiarity with WordPress content management system is required
- Must be knowledgeable of web standards (W3C)
- Familiarity with ConstantContact or MailChimp is considered an asset.
- Ability to adapt to new techniques and technology and remain current with design/development trends in the digital space is required
- Portfolio of graphic design projects is required to qualify for this position (Note: at time of interview, candidates will be asked to present their portfolio)
Reporting to the Manager, Small Business and Innovation, Economic Development, the Graphic Designer performs the following duties:
- Collaborate with team members and project teams to manage user-centric websites, emails and microsites
- Provide creative digital support on projects. Includes website development (HTML, CSS)
- Design marketing material including but not limited to brochures, booklets, advertisements, factsheets, guides, etc.
- Design professional reports such as Annual Reports.
- Design and compose PowerPoint presentations
- Collaborate with team members to conduct research and stakeholder interviews for gathering requirements regarding website features and content strategy
- Assess existing sites for usability, design, navigation and content suitability and recommend implementation ideas.
- Create search-optimized content for the web and social media that supports communication objectives
- Work with the team members to develop digital marketing campaigns for local and international markets
- Keep all of EDO’s digital content up to date and organized
- Other duties as assigned
A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.