City of Mississauga
Analyze and support the preparation and presentation of budget and business plan submissions. On an on-going basis, ensure accuracy, compliance and timeliness of current financial statements and forecasts, providing opinion on overall effectiveness from a financial service level perspective. This is a 12 month full-time temporary position.
Due to Covid-19, most of our offices are currently dosed to protect the health and safety of our employees, clients and community. As such, this position willbe required to work remotely for an undetermined period. Once our offices re-open you will report to Civic center, Mississauga.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Consolidate financial information and reports, drafting and editing financial presentations.
• Monitor and analyze budget variances, financial results and present funding recommendations.
• Prepare forecasts and provide explanations on trends and hot spots.
• Prepare costing scenarios and funding options; create financial models to forecast revenues and costs.
• Ensure budget process policy & guidelines are followed.
• Ensure compliance with budget control bylaw & reserve and reserve fund bylaw.
• Adhere to the recommendations set forth in the Public Standard Accounting Board (PSAB) and the CICA handbook.
• Analysis, reporting and monitoring of large operating budget, reporting budget variances.
• Provides ad hoc assistance on projects/initiatives within the unit/team.
• Uses information that is stored within the unit/team and/or available without special authorization.
Skills and Qualifications
• University or college education in business administration, commerce,
finance or related fields and a professional accounting designation (CMA, CGA, CA), or equivalent.
• Knowledge of General Accounting Principles.
• High attention to detail required.
• Solid typing/keyboarding skills; strong computer skills, advanced Excel.
• Thorough understanding of the City of Mississauga's policies and procedures to ensure that the
organizations'resources are protected.
• May require some light lifting of supplies/materials.
• Prolonged exposure to computer keyboards and screens. Primarily office environment.
Hours of Work: 35
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) will be required of the successful candidate, their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can also check your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.