Transportation and Works
Transportation Infrastructure Management
Contract Duration: 6 months
Cycling Master Plan Assistant
Working for the City means you are part of something big, something special! You will be part of a team of individuals committed to collaborating with one another to understand our client recruitment needs to deliver the right talent at the right time to meet business needs.
The Cycling Master Plan Assistant will help the Cycling Master Plan Coordinator in updating the Mississauga Cycling Master Plan by assisting with policy research, public consultation, cycling network planning activities and project administration.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Supervisor, Cycling Master Plan, the successful candidate will assist the team with planning activities and administrative support including:
- Assist with active transportation policy research
- Support cycling network planning activities including data analysis, mapping and presentations
- Conduct site visits to collect data as needed
- Assist with presentations, meetings and open houses and public information sessions, including logistics, onsite coordination, display material, workshop material, meeting notes and summary reports
- Maintain and develop stakeholder databases and event attendance tracking
- Monitor project website, online engagement, emails, track online discussion forums and synthesize input
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree from a recognized post secondary program in Planning or a related discipline
- 1 year related experience (or a combination of education and experience)
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritize
- Enthusiastic, self-starter who is passionate about cycling and has a demonstrated ability to work independently
- Experience in assisting with and participating in community outreach activities
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in customer service, communication, teamwork, initiative/self-management and accountability
- Computer proficiency using MS Office applications including Work, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint
- Advanced organization and time management skills
- Excellent writing and research skills
- Experience with GIS and graphics software considered an asset
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City of Mississauga is committed to creating a respectful and supportive workplace that fosters a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion which broadly reflects the communities and residents we serve. Throughout the employee life cycle, the City is working to include an EDI lens to attract, retain and support the growth of diverse talent.
Learn more about the City’s commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Work Location: On-site work at various City of Mississauga Community Centre locations
Non-Union/Union: Non Union